Who will/would you vote vor?

Who will/would you vote for?

• John McCain

• Barack Obama

• Other/Won't/Wouldn't vote

Results are only viewable after voting.
Palin, may scare you, but she is oh so HOT, half the time I don't even notice what she's saying. Kind of balances out McCain's creepy-old-man-neck-skin-tucked-into-his-collar type of appearance.

I'm for Obama, have been since the beginning.

Yes, I thought that was important. I'd like this to show what the current forum (its users today and tomorrow) thinks should happen. Of course 10 or 20 votes on this poll don't really give a clear picture, and many of us probably won't be able to vote in the US election, but a US election has a great impact on the world as a whole.

Personally, I hope Obama wins. If not for anything else, for the American image in the world. I think it's time for change, and I think McCain's "change" simply wouldn't be any. Not really.

Of course 10 or 20 votes on this poll don't really give a clear picture, and many of us probably won't be able to vote in the US election, but a US election has a great impact on the world as a whole.

Very interesting you say that... There was an article in Reader's Digest about that. If the entire world was able to vote for our next president, it would be a WORLD of bad news for McCain. Every country featured in the poll would overwhelmingly vote for Barack Obama. If I were McCain, this would be a huge slap in the face for me in terms of foreign relations.

A few of the poll results were:

Netherlands: 90% for Obama
Germany: 85% for Obama
Canada: 64% for Obama
India: 61% for Obama
Spain: 76% for Obama
South Africa: 70% for Obama
UK: 70% for Obama
Obama: 75% for Obama
Mexico: 70% for Obama

Last edited:
Obama: 75% for Obama
Obama is only 75% in favor of himself? ;)

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

Quite an interesting find, Greg_Reez. To be honest, I'm surprised some of those percentages are as low as they are in some countries! I think you're right, it does say something about the way much of the rest of the world will feel if McCain gets in.

Anyway, not long to go until we finally know the outcome of all this...

This election represents more than conservative vs. liberal politics. It's not about the war, or the economy. Everyone knows that these are very complicated things, and that nobody can realistically plan out how they'll handle them years in advance. The greatest sea captain cannot control the wind. The president is not all-powerful, or all-knowing. And we can't expect the next president to have a direct phone line to God.

This election is about American values. It's about sending a message -- mostly to ourselves -- that our values will not be compromised.

Everywhere I go, it's "Palin's hot, Palin's hot". What are you saying? Look at her. Have our standards fallen so low? Say what you will about Americans, but I always thought I could rely on our concept of hotness. I always thought it was something that could bring us together. But Palin is not hot. She's not even especially hot "for a politician" or "for someone her age". She wasn't even that hot when she was a beauty queen. Cute, yes, but not hot; and hey, Hillary was pretty cute when she was young, too. And Hillary's now old enough that she doesn't need to be hot -- "handsome" will do. Palin's not there yet. She needs to be hot, and for someone who needs to be hot, she's just not hot enough. People need to stop acting like she is.

Is it a simple case emperor's-new-clothes syndrome? Is it a self-perpetuating myth? Hive mentality? Is America so drunk that everyone's lookin' fine? Or has America's sense of hotness been so warped already? Whatever the case, it cannot be allowed to go unchecked.

This is about American values. A win for Palin will deal a death blow to America's sense of hotness. "Ugly Betty" and Dove's "Campaign for Real Beauty" were just the beginning. It's taken decades to get where we are now, and we cannot allow ourselves to move backwards. Now is the time to send the message that we will not stand by while the thing we value most -- hotness -- is stripped of all meaning.

Now, I would totally vote for Tina Fey. She's hot.

Reactions: lbj
And the results are in... Congratulations, President-elect Obama! Quite a milestone in US history.

Different news sites report slightly different numbers of Electoral College votes, though.

CNN: 338 - 160
ABC: 338 - 159
Reuters: 334 - 157
CBS: 334 - 160
NBC: 349 - 159
Sky: 349 - 158
BBC: 349 - 159

Last edited:
YES!!!!!!

The ignorant old man and his neo-redneck pariah running mate were thoroughly trounced. :D :) :D :) :D :)

Congratulations to our american cousins on making a bold choice, and a good one I think.

Last edited:
Congratulations! Now I need to go find a flagpin. I don't guess I'll find one here in Winterthur, Switzerland, though. I'm so glad I didn't have to go to work today, so I could stay up until it was very, very clear.

The companies that make Canada flag patches for tourists won't joy that much - probably 100 million less customers buying those before their trips to abroad :) (but hey, they can make US flag patches now..)

Back