Word to iWork

NoWake200

Registered
I was told when I purchased iWork '08 it was compatible with MS. I tried opening a Word doc and it would not open in iWord. The trial Word program opened instead. I would like to bypass all MS programs and just use iWork. Is there something that I have to do in order for this to happen or I am still stuck with having to use MS?

Thank for you help!
Rick

Try the free NeoOffice and see if that works. Plus remember you can make any program try to open a file by doing a Get Info on the file and selecting what program to open the file with.

Or, you can try dragging and drop the file on the Pages application icon. Pages should then attempt to open the file.

Another problem I just found out about. Again the salesman said iWork 08 can be viewed by Word users. I emailed a resume to a friend and they could not open it.

Am I going to have to buy the Word program for MAC?

Thanks for your help.
Rick

Yes, MS Word _can_ view documents created by Pages '08. But, not the default Pages format document. You have to export that document, choosing MS Word from the File/Export menu.
Pages can easily open and modify a Word document, even the newest .docx format that MS Word uses now, but you have to export a Pages document to have something that MS Word can use.

Back