Wow! Internet Explorer 5.2.2

Originally posted by Ricky
Do you think they would continue to leave this "stupid mistake" in the installer, when so many people have complained about it, if they didn't have a method behind the madness?

Uhh.. YEAH?? Hello!! This is Microsoft were talking about!!

Actually, the easiest way to install Explorer was to just gt it though the Mac OS Software Update. It did it wall for me, installed an iPod update (useless, cause I don' thave an iPod... yet) and restarted my mac. No shitty explorer installer.

Originally posted by Hypernate
It did it wall for me, installed an iPod update (useless, cause I don' thave an iPod... yet)
Sounds like you are planning to buy an iPod, which would make the software useful, but for updates that you don't care about, you can select them and make them inactive in Software Update.

Hey folks, just interested to know if IE 5.2.2 has added a way to disable non-user-initiated pop-up window junk. Both Omniweb and Mozilla have this option, and my current browser (Chimera 0.5, thanks all you Chimera partisans for the recommendation) seems to just ignore popups where I've always seen them appear in IE 5.1--->5.2.1.

The unwanted popup (ads) are the single reason I cannot consider IE right now. I don't have tons of bandwidith, screen real estate, or patience for aggressive commerce.

eshine.

Originally posted by strobe
I just disable JavaScript.
That must suck for websites that rely on JavaScript! :D

Do you find yourself turning it off and on again for specific sites, or do you just never run into JavaScript?

I just keep it off. Sites with actual content usually don't have that shít. Sometimes a link will be a JavaScript command which you can usually crop into an actual link.

Back