WWDC 2006 keynote

zoranb

Registered
Guys, someone must get the keynote and put it on Rapidshare and share it with the rest. Not streaming so users with no streaming speed ability can download it and keep it for ever, it will be a great day for Apple users, the Pro line is coming (hopefully) so i guess we alla want to watch the whole show, i dont want to learn it by headlines or anything else, i want to see it.
So whos gonna do this, responsibly? :D

erh... YOU again! ;) let's just wait until it actually shows up _any_where. we don't know whether there's going to be live or postponed or no streaming at all so far...

fryke its good to see u too :D
well yes im telling it now so we can get organised and do the job correctly!
this will prolly be as important as the glorious days of 1984, im sure

well... that doesn't change the technical and legal issues. technically, you can't download the stream as a movie file directly, so someone would have to record it somehow and save it as a downloadable file and host it. and that, AFAIK, would make it illegal and, more importantly for some, late.

I'll be there in person, but I don't think you can video tape the event without permission from Apple (which isn't going to happen). If I can get a wifi signal in the Moscone at that point, I will be posting updates over at http://www.osxfactor.com. Otherwise, I'll post a recap with pics after the keynote.

WiFi @ Mascone was really, really crappy in early June when I was there. Hopefully it'll be better next week. :ack:

Someone should set up a unidirectional mic pointing at a speaker stack and unicast the audio to a broadcast server via a Mac and bluetooth phone : )

If there is a live stream, does anyone know where I can get it? Apple site at the designated time? I always look for posts whiles its going on but then afterwards I realized there was a live stream. This happened to me in the past. So I was just wondering...

I dunno when exactly they're scheduling the preview, but I figure that it'll be floating around the internet somewhere. Try refreshing Apple's page every once in a while around the time the preview is supposed to be. Also try searching Google or checking up on weblogs (I know fryke is doing one).

If anything, you can read about it until it visually comes up.

I doubt there will be a live stream. The last "live" showing off WWDC I saw was in 2004 at the Apple Store. I think Apple stopped broadcasting to the stores shortly after that.

Apple usually has a QT stream of the event up later that day.

My subtle premonition is that Apple will not "air" this event the day-of, purely because it would make a lot of people who paid to attend feel cheated. Well, at least that seems like how I would feel if I paid to see it myself -it's Apple's main selling point-, and then turn around to see it's already on the net by the time I leave San Francisco.

People attending WWDC don't really pay just for watching a nice keynote - although that's always been a nice part of WWDC as well.

People should not forget that this is _not_ a consumer event.

People attending WWDC don't really pay just for watching a nice keynote - although that's always been a nice part of WWDC as well.

People should not forget that this is _not_ a consumer event.

I thought I remembered to add that detail :confused:. I know it's not just for the keynote, but you do agree some users would feel a bit gypped, no?

I doubt there will be a live stream. The last "live" showing off WWDC I saw was in 2004 at the Apple Store. I think Apple stopped broadcasting to the stores shortly after that.

Apple usually has a QT stream of the event up later that day.

Anyone know what the link for the QT stream will be, if any? I'd like to watch the stream later in the day and get a direct link now, instead of hunting Apple's website after the fact and spoiling the all keynote surprises.

They site you're looking for won't usually appear until they've put the clip up. There'll be a link to it on this forum soon enough. Just watch this topic ;)

I thought I remembered to add that detail :confused:. I know it's not just for the keynote, but you do agree some users would feel a bit gypped, no?
There was a WWDC not that long ago in which everyone in the audience got a free iSight camera. The next year, I believe they got nada.

Kap

Back