xcode and security update

What I don't understand is that I updated to XCode 1.1 on my iBook, and 5 minutes later tried on my iMac but it was missing from SoftwareUpdate...? It happened to one other person on VersionTracker.

How about you guys?

EDIT: It seems that it only appears on my iMac in the command-line softwareupdate tool, but not the GUI. Wierd, since I've never ignored an XCode update...oh well problem solved I guess.

I got the XCode update appearing in my Software Update shortly after it was released; however, I don't have XCode installed on my machine! I chose NOT to install the XCode update, and now it doesn't appear in my Software Update anymore.

Strange.

ElDiablo, if you go to the Software Updates drop down menu and select reset ignored updates, your ignored ones will reappear.

fuzz said:
ElDiablo, if you go to the Software Updates drop down menu and select reset ignored updates, your ignored ones will reappear.

That's just the thing -- I didn't make it an ignored update -- I just unchecked it from installing... that doesn't make the update inactive. I think it was just a glitch somewhere either on my system or on software update's servers.

Back