so after an isp change, yahoo will not load on my macs, pc's load fine,
dns has been verified,
this is in safari or firefox, cache has been cleared on both,
ran
dscacheutil -flushcache

still cannot load yahoo,

please advise

michael

As you didn't specify which Yahoo! you mean...
Yahoo.com ?
Yahoo search engine?
Yahoo Mail ?
Yahoo Messenger ?
Something else Yahoo?
Nothing at all with Yahoo name will load on your Mac?

Have you tried removing the relevant Yahoo cookies files from your browser prefs, or removing the cookies file completely?

still cannot load yahoo,
In addition, what, precisely, does this mean? Does the page simply sit there, spinning away into oblivion, like the server isn't responding? Do you receive any error messages? Does the request time out? Do you receive a message that says something to the effect of, "Server does not exist?"

Please elaborate greatly.

Maybe just a little more detail, please!
What Mac are you using, along with the OS X version...
What version of Safari?

Do you have formatting or loading problems with any other web pages, or only Yahoo.com?
Do you have other browsers, more than Safari and Firefox? Opera might be interesting to try for this.

I have just tried, several times, with both the latest versions of Firefox and Safari, just to load www.yahoo.com. It always hangs at the halfway point, sitting there spinning for almost 20 minutes the last time I decided to try. If and When it actually loads? It's all text links down the left side of the browser. Now I went to everyone else in my office, they all have PC's and it loaded the site of instantly, no problems at all. Is there a hidden issue between Apple and Yahoo?

... Is there a hidden issue between Apple and Yahoo?
I use Safari to visit the Yahoo! site everyday. The site works fine except on rare occasion. That said, Yahoo tends to hard-code to specific browsers. It took them a while to get around to hard-coding for Safari. However, its support for Safari has been more than adequate for a couple of years now. Yahoo's support for Firefox has been much more forthcoming. The fact that you also have issues with Firefox on Yahoo hints that your issues may be local to your computer.

Well I checked my security settings, the only thing I can think of is if they have Yahoo blocked on the network at my computer only. But it is really weird as I discussed this with one of the people here where I work. Even certain parts of Flikr wouldn't work for me. Odd as it is, that's pretty much how it's been going, just hung up and nothing working as far as Yahoo goes.

Any other website I go to works great. Just in case anyone is wondering I'm using an iMac 27" with the latest Snow Leopard and I keep Firefox and all of my software up to date.

I'm there now and it's stuck loading ( l.yimg.com.... ) It can't show the full string to me or I'd post it.

i'm having the same problem... yahoo.com is my home page and this issue is driving me crazy!... can't even check my email from home... have to check it on my phone...

found this link though:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os...roblem-yahoo-not-working-safarai-firefox.html

seems to be an issue with the sonicwall.... my internet is included in my rent, so my problem is i don't have access to the sonicwall... guess i need to contact the landlord... he's not gonna have a clue about what i'm talking about! ... ;]

seems to be an issue with the sonicwall.... my internet is included in my rent, so my problem is i don't have access to the sonicwall... guess i need to contact the landlord... he's not gonna have a clue about what i'm talking about! ... ;]

Maybe not, but your better place to contact is the ISP.
Also, in my experience, a landlord may not be paying the extra expense for a dedicated hardware firewall, such as a sonicwall, especially if he doesn't 'have a clue'.
Do you know for certain that there _is_ a sonicwall? Again, your ISP may be able to help with that answer, too.

Yeah there is a sonic wall... He had to reset it last week after a storm... Maybe I should forward that link to his IT guy...

Back