Year and Time out of whack on Boot

ohmelas

Registered
Hey Guys,

I think that my battery is dead on my Mac 9600 and 9650 Workgroup servers. Both of them give me an error message saying that network timing is off and that I should reset the date and time so that some programs will work appropriately. I've had this problem with an older PC before and it was a mother-board battery issue.

If this is the same for my Mac where do I buy an new battery fro my 9600s?

Regards,

Howard L. Salter

Not too easy to find these batteries, they are called a 1/2 AA, 3.6 volt. It's called 1/2 AA, because it's the same diameter as standard AA, but half-length. Sometimes, they'll be on a rack at Radio Shack, but best place is somewhere that repairs Macs.
The 9600 is super easy to get at (compared to an 8100, for example), just open the case, and it sits on the logic board, should be either purple or green.

This page might give you more information. IIRC, the battery is 3.3 volts, so take it to Radioshack and buy one of the same size. (I presume you know how to retrieve these batteries, even from the beige tower cases.)

I was unclear on the battery, the 1/2 AA lithium battery is rated at 3.6 volts, but must test more than 3.2 volts. Arden, where did you get the 3.3 volts?
Refer to HERE for more Mac models and their batteries.

Delta, I was taking a shot in the dark.

Either way, you can find what you need at Radioshack.

Hey All,

The thought occured to me as I was venturing into upgrade territory on this little white slot, that Apple a while back made those PC cards that went into the computer...I think that Orange Micro still does. Is that slot for those PC cards?

go to www.shrevesystems.com, they have TONS of refurbished and classic apple products and they should have a battery that you need. Also, you can do a search on yahoo/google for the type of battery a poster here mentioned (that 3.3 Volt 1/2 AA battery.)

Back