You are an OS X geek when ...

Giaguara

Chmod 760
Staff member
Mod
You are a Mac (OS X) geek when... (continue, add more stuff)

- After getting a pile of Apple t-shirts you think "kewl, now i don't HAVE TO buy for new clothes for a while"

- Your internal (body) time iSyncs to PST (e.g. GMT = PST +8)

- You have or try to get a phone number containing funny numbers or numbers equivalent to apple stuff, http or your favorite unix codes (777, 700, 666, 404, 403, fsck, list, kill, http, ipod etc)

- You use an Apple parfume, soap, candles etc, and drink apple juice or -cider or have apple candy just because it's apple ..

- You leave your bf / gf just because he/she asks if Cupertino is a football coach

- Your dreams are in objective-c -or- can be browsed in finder (a better version than the actual)

- You realise you don't know many Windows users any more

- When you reply to this thread...

...When a terminal session is better than your date(s).

or...

When exploring Mac OS X in a terminal session is better than exploring your date(s).

or...

...You wonder if PEEK and POKE are implemented into Mac OS X from AppleSoft BASIC.

Yes, there is that nasty sexual connotation.

:eek:

... you press Comman-Option-Esc just for fun

... you brag that your Dock is bigger and longer than your roommates' Dock.
.....(then again, it's not how big it is, it's how you use it. ;))

... you put the Terminal in your Dock... not because you use it, but because you're proud of the UNIX underpinnings.

... You cringe at the sight of icons that are jagged.

... You add clothes to your closet expecting that either the closet will grow to accomodate your new additions, or everything inside the closet will automatically shrink to create more room.

lol. too funny.
..you just sit there staring at the wonder that is osX and run your mouse back and forth across the dock......

... you come home from shopping and first make sure that your iBook, your iPod, your Macintosh Colour Classic and your eMate 300 are okay. And then install the software you've just bought. And then remember that you actually went shopping for food but forgot about it on the way.

When you try to fall asleep, try to find the apple > sleep option inside your head.

When waking up, you try to find the option "save dream as.." or a way to send it to your mac that is on the other room, to save the data, see it again or to modify your dreams...

Originally posted by kalantna
You make a mistake in real life and do the keyboard shortcut Apple + Z with your left hand.
scary. because i do it way too much. i will be sketching in my book or something, and not like what i did, and seriousely try to press apple+z. horrible. i do not think this is a good thing ;)

You'll get over this one. I've had that from 1990 to 1996. Ever since I'm only musing over it. Guess it has something to do with losing a girlfriend back then. ;-)

What's that fryke? I am not the only one who left someone becaus he (/he) asked if Cupertino was a football coach? :)

No, but losing the girlfriend healed me from thinking I had an undo-button for real-life events.

You know you are an OS X geek when you can't explain OS X to an OS 9 users without explaining how cool the command line is. :p

When you wonder "where teh fsck is terminal in Classic" and when you want to ask that on a Mac board to see the pure Classic users reaction ... :p

When you don't speak to people who answer "Control-C" when asked what keys are used to copy data on a computer.

...when you see a movie with an Apple in it and remember it to post on the board in the Mac sightings thread later on (which is just what I'm going to do).

Originally posted by Randman
...when you see a movie with an Apple in it and remember it to post on the board in the Mac sightings thread later on (which is just what I'm going to do).

Hence,
I confirm I'm a Mac addict,
and attach to this mail a 2-frames GIF of artist Brian Eno_(which I'm also addicted to :eek: ) using a Mac to watch some stupefying artwork made on this Mac.

Attachments

• bliss.jpg
    bliss.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 59
Back