Your favorite new Apple product?

Favorite Apple Product

• LED Cinema Displays

• MacBooks

• MacBook Pros

• The new iPods

Results are only viewable after voting.
The one thing that does annoy me about the new MacBooks is that they don't have a firewire connection, even though most of the stuff nowadays is USB. Most of my stuff is still firewire, such as external hard drives and cameras, and I don't feel like spending money to upgrade something that doesn't need an upgrade.

My 17" MBP is the computer I use the most (seems like 24/7). I only use my Mac Pros and various Power Macs for doing video and other CPU and IO intensive things.

That said, I would really like a portable workstation which can encode a 2 hour video in a couple of hours, while I am doing something else without delays and would like increased screen real estate.

I dont care how much it weighs or how thick it is or how loud the fans are. I want to be able to shut it up and take it anywhere.

Bill

PS: I don't care what t looks like either, as long as it has an apple on the cover and doesnt dent when dropped.

Last edited:
None of the Above.

There is not a single Apple product out there that makes me drool or want to spend money.

*yawn*

Yeh, I'm waiting for the new Intel chips to come out in the Mac Pro and hopefully MacBook Pro (with a 500 gig 7200 rpm drive - with SATA 2)!

:sigh:

This unveiling seemed more aimed at "upgraders" rather than groundbreaking announcements... for example, I'm sure everyone with a MacBook is now eyeing the new MacBooks (with minor nuisances aside, such as lack of FireWire)... I know I am! After seeing my friend's new, aluminum, uni-body MacBook side-by-side with my own, and using the new trackpad, I know I'm guilty of a little lust... ;)

Nope....just doesn't do it for me. Yes, they are beautiful (as I mentioned earlier), but not enough for me to lust after as in years gone by. I guess such is the case when a company has "arrived". Sometimes, it's just hard trying to reinvent something that's been around for a good number of years. Kind of like cars, I guess....at least for me.

Back