Your MacOSX on-the-scene Hurricane Reporter Guy!

awesome picture, though my perspective was quite different. The worst part was that it came in at night, which made it even scarier, knowing that there are tornadoes all over the place, but having to trust your hearing to discern the sounds of high wind and rain, as opposed to the sound of a tornado. quite unsettling...

The tornado part is really scary (I can't imagine living in Tornado Ally). My experience with this storm was the heavy rain and semi storm winds (around 30 miles an hour). Then all of a sudden the rain and wind stopped and the evening had a strange yellow-greenish glow. The clouds were racing over my head. I found out a hour or so later about the tornado hitting about 5 miles from where I live. I was to stupid to get my camera and try to take some pictures. the really strange part was the total silence. no birds singing or wind. I was constantly looking up to see if I need to get to shelter. If I lived on the other side of a very small hill (around 700 yards north with building blocking the view) I would have seen the funnel cloud. I thought it was weird I didn't hear it. It was the first time I haven't heard any traffic, birds or insects. I didn't expect anything like this in Virginia. However, I did like this little tornado story about this area.

great link for my new service - tofu. Puts the unformatted text into readable columns.

It has been a summer for storms. Frances missed my parents Florida getaway by about 8 miles. Just north of them similar trailerparks were flattened. Fortunately their place is fine and glad to hear you are too delsoljb

Back