10.3.4 is out

92kbytes/sec here
(DSL)
still 41mb will take some time.. And I couldn't wait for the morning even. So, will go and take a shower and check the whole update

14kbps on ISDN? how do you achieve that? ISDN channels, here at least, are 64kbps. So, using two channels, you'd get 128kbps... 14kbps sounds as slow as i'm surfing when using my mobile phone. slower even... (?)

sounds better. That's 128 kbps then, probably. (Max throughput of 128 kbps would be 16 KB/s.)

Downloaded installed, all seems to be ok so far. No noticeable changes - but hey what was I expecting from a point upgrade, dancing elephants?

I was having problems with rejoining my network. No matter what I put in for WEP, it was saying wrong/error with connection to (network)... well, all of a sudden, poof! It started back working.

Will say that my startups seem to be a step slower though.

Startup time is always slower just after the install. Try restarting now, it's the same speed on my G5 1.8D.

I didn't make that assessment until 3 reboots later. I've timed it, and that "step slower" is a mere second.

My computer always boots a little slower right after a required restart after installation -- it's probably because I've got the ojurnaling option turned on for my drive, and the journal is being updated to reflect the recent changes to the files on the hard drive (which could number in the thousands for an update like this). Subsequent restarts are much faster.

No problems here at all, though I might mention I downloaded the combo updater and ran that as opposed to getting it through Software Update. No problems downloading... greater than 300kbps/sec here in Texas on a 3.0Mbit down/384k up DSL connection.

No noticeable changes, although I read through the updated items list and almost none of them apply to me. No iPod for USB2, all my peripherals have always worked just fine since 10.0, and I've never had a problem with a hacker or some malicious exploit (and if I did, a clean reinstall would fix me in under 1 hour -- no critical data is stored on my boot drive).

Back