10.3.5 (Complete Thread)

MacOSX09082004Update.jpg

It seems i have been lagging behind for a while.... :D

Installed 10.3.5 on my iMac and it took 10 minutes to boot back up.
It got hung up once the desktop picture was displayed then sat there spinning for 10 minutes, before the dock appeared.

After updating I checked out the supposed increased USB and Firewire compatibility. I have a Belkin USB 2.0 PCI card in my PowerMac G4. Since installing the card into my machine it cannot wake from deep sleep. This is a known issue with USB and Firewire PCI cards.

Anyhow, there is still no fix for this issue. 10.3.5 in my opinion is another update which from which I see no benefit.

No speed increase for me at all. Tryed a few games. Only thing i see is that generals has hung on me twice after installing 10.3.5 :(.
Others;
Halo
Warcraft
Ravensheild
Tigerwoods 2003
Quake 3.

Pippin said:
No speed increase for me at all. Tryed a few games. Only thing i see is that generals has hung on me twice after installing 10.3.5 :(.
Others;
Halo
Warcraft
Ravensheild
Tigerwoods 2003
Quake 3.

Mine has hung numerous times. Once I got the window to hold down the power button and restart... and the other times just a blank screen.

Oh GREAT!? I fixed permissions and applied the COMBO update. BUrp! Crash! Bang! Boom! No booty now.

<ugh>

Darn. I hate this.

installed it on my powerbook (se sign.) and a friends iBook 800 G3. no problems except that on the ibook the fan wouldnt shutup. stoped after a restart though so it was probably related to it getting warm from downloading or something. I dont have any of the latest games so i cant tell if there is a speed bump.

Here's something interesting - among the new files installed are:

./usr/sbin/megaraid
./usr/share/man/man8/megaraid.8

Check the megaraid manpage, and the command at least allows making not only level 0 and 1, but level 5 RAID sets - has OS X finally gotten useful RAID capabilities and no one's telling us, or is it just the RAID management command supports features that the kernel doesn't yet have?

Anyone out there with enough free disks to check into this?

I seem to be having problems with bluetooth. I can't send files to my 6600 with Bluetooth File Exchange anymore. Can anyone confirm that this might be an issue with 10.3.5? I can't think of any other reason for this to stop working. I tried restarting, re-pair-ing the phone and PB and still all I get is a message saying "The file transfer failed: unable to send data.". The same with any file.

Incidentally, I read that for 10.3.5, Software Update determines how much of the update a particular machine requires. Less for the iBooks, more for the Power Macs. Something like that.

Doug

Claruz: I'm using the same phone, no problems here. I just transferred some stuff onto the phone and also synched it after that. Have you also installed iSync 1.5 already? I have, if that makes a difference (shouldn't, really)... Try to re-pair them? (Almost a pun, eh? Or is it one?)

For anyone interested - the megaraid stuff seems to add support for MegaRAID controllers - SATA raid controllers on a PCI card. Cool and all, still not quite as exciting as it might have been...

For anyone that uses Missing Sync from MarkSpace the new update kills the ability to mount the Memory Stick of a Clie on the desktop. The people from Markspace are currently looking into a fix. I tried to mount the Memory Stick and my computer froze and gave the "You need to restart your computer" screen. My Clie still syncs just fine but the mounting does not work. Some other users have posted on Cliesource.com that they did not encounter these problems, so it could just be a case by case situation. And, yes I did run repair disk permissions after I installed the update.

Back