10.3.5 (Complete Thread)

I personally had problems with 7M28, i.e. two complete freezes (almost complete, the mouse would still move the cursor, but nothing else worked) but no kernel panics. There also was some weird error with Dreamweaver (reported to me on macnews.net.tc, I personally don't use Dreamweaver). The freezes are gone for me so far (knock on wood), but I don't know about that Dreamweaver issue. That bug was reported to Apple a few days ago, so it _could_ be it's fixed in 7M30 already.

Other than that, I don't see much that's still to fix. But Apple is still 'changing targets' with 10.3.5, it seems, as the 'areas of testing' from build to build are still changing. Strange enough, there's no list of bugs in the seed notes currently (both 7M28 and 7M30), but I don't expect Apple to release 10.3.5 to the public with this build or the next. We'll see, though...

Check SU. It's out.

The 10.3.5 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.3 "Panther" and is recommended for all users.

Key enhancements include:
improved support for NTFS formatted volumes
improves reliability for user logins and mounting of home directories in a networked environment
updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
improved Bluetooth compatibility for Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse and Bluetooth phones
additional FireWire and USB device compatibility
improved font management
updated Mail and Image Capture applications
improved compatibility for third party applications
previous standalone security updates

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n25791
For detailed information on Security Updates, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798

For once in my life, I'm holding off on installing a point update, even on my non-mission critical machines. I don't know why -- I jumped on iPhoto 4.0.2 the minute it came out, and was shocked to find that it was pulled -- I'd never been the victim of a thing like that, and for the first time I was (thankfully, since I usually jump on updates ASAP).

I don't think I can hold out much longer than tomorrow morning, though -- maybe even late evening tonight... ;) Still looking for Nokia 6610 support, and the "Updated FireWire and USB device compatibility" got me excited, but I'm not too hopeful.

Couldn't resist. Installed 10.3.5 and a security update (for that nasty PNG exploit) at 5:30 pm CST.

No problems at all -- and it seems as though my computer is 125% snappier™!

A user on the MacOSXHints.com forum said that on his G5, the update was around 23 megs, but on his powerbook, it was around 40 megs??! :eek:

What does that mean?

How long after the SU release is the web release?
I cant update at work via SU due to the firewall and have to wait for the Web edition to be released.

Actually, I think it'll only be a few hours. Build number is 7M34? Nice. Means Apple has actually changed something from the last seeded build, then. :)

MBHockey said:
A user on the MacOSXHints.com forum said that on his G5, the update was around 23 megs, but on his powerbook, it was around 40 megs??! :eek:

What does that mean?

I just figured it out.

I installed 10.3.5 on our client machines. It was around 23 megs.

Then I took one of the servers down (non-critial server) and updated it via SU. 10.3.5 for Mac OS X Server was 42.5 megs.

Different sizes for client vs. server versions of OS X.

Back