10.3 Panther Screenshot (For Real!!)

Stridder44

Universal Traveler
Here is a real screenshot of 10.3 panther...and some details on panther.

Depicted in the screenshots are: Finder Window, Mail, System Preferences, Exposé Panel and in action, DVD Player, iChat 2 with VideoConferencing, Activity Monitor, Labels and Finder.

Sherlock is reported to be at 3.6, Safari at v85 (1.0), X11 included, and additions to Address Book. The new Finder uses a Metal theme.

A new feature called Exposé appears to be a yet-undescribed feature providing you with an overview of mini-versions of your windows, organized geographically by type of window.

MacRumors' reports indicate that the rumored 'Piles' feature is nowhere to be found in the latest releases.

yeah....Macrumors updated their post right after i made thread. Heh, but Im sure someone out there has it...please, if you do have it...post it or mirror it!

EDIT: Go here to see the pics...if Apple legal hasen't already taken them down. They look awsome!

Wow, the second you see this UI a calm, relaxing happy feel occurs... Apple have excelled themselves this time!! :)

Originally posted by uoba
Wow, the second you see this UI a calm, relaxing happy feel occurs...

oh man, are we addicts or what?? lol. we're like a bunch of kids craving drugs and booze. :rolleyes: haha

mmm... relaxing happy apple :)

i like the new "solid" backgrounds and toned down striping. anyone notice how finder now looks remarkably similar to explorer in xp? well, maybe not _looks_, but certainly the layout...

I thought so as well, but much better, obviously ;) That new dropdown menu (with the labels (yay!!)) makes a lot more sense as well!

Jeez, don't know what I'm more excited about now! G5 or Panther:eek:

Originally posted by uoba

Jeez, don't know what I'm more excited about now! G5 or Panther:eek:

i totally feel the same way as u.
i wish i could be there and watch everythin live!

anyway.. it seems were going to be busy for the next few days... he he he

Panther AND G5 rule! I cannot wait for Monday :p :D

But the Explorer-like Finder it seems a letdown! :( Couldn't Apple with all those innovation minds come with something UNIQUE!? :mad:

Anyways, this Monday will be declared an Apple Monday! :D ;)

:)

I understand why they have done it, that whole switch thing. And we have to admit, certain features in XP are good. But, the plus point about Apple doing it is, that if don't like it, you can probably switch to another way of working ;)

Wonder if they'll implement their own version of the XP log-out feature (keeping apps open whilst logging in as someone else). My fiancée is upset that her iMac won't do this (particularly when I am using it :rolleyes: !)

I'm glad they are slowly getting rid of the lines pattern as well, that was/is getting a bit old now.

I luuuuuuurve it!
So excited!
You noticed iChat webcam support?
It's gonna be a monday to remember!

About time to update my Yosemite... perfect timing!
;)

I had read somewhere that Apple was bringing new navigation functions to the finder with Pantha. It looks like they are following the "web browser" way of navigating the file system but in a much more logical and simplier way than XP's explorier goes about it.

Lets hope and pray that they fix or replace the pathetic OS help function that Adobe AND Microsoft have refused to use. The OS needs a consistant help system for all OS and application issues.

The Help system will be updated, by using the WebCore technology that powers Safari... meaning super fast searches.

Uoba, fast-user switiching (not quiting applications when you want to log out) has been a rumored Panther feature for quite a while.
Gosh, wouldn't it be nice if Apple released 10.3 tomorrow?

THEMACER: No one knows anything about 10.3 yet, let alone iChat 2. This is the first real confirmation we have had that it even exists! I don't think anyone will be able to tell you one way or the other, until at least after tomorrow :(

Am i the only one who cried all night when they removed the soft stripes from the dock (with the introduction of jaguar)? Now they will remove even more stripes :( i liked the white front-flute/wellpap-look :)

Back