Advice on Pci-ex graphics card

pixmaniowa

Registered
I am looking for a graphics card for my G5 dual processor mac. I really want an HDMI port to use it as a video server for my tv. Tigerdirect.com has one for sale with a rebate right now.

Zotac ZT-84MEG5M-HSL GeForce 8400 GS Video Card - 256MB DDR2, PCI Express, DVI, VGA, HDMI, Low Profile

It has everything I need with specs but I can't find anywhere if it is Mac Compatible. All the Mac compatible cards I have seen are way to expensive foe me. If anyone knows of a good one like the with HDMI that works please let me know.
Thanks,
R

Unless the card specifically states Macintosh compatibility, chances are it's not.

I know of no "budget-minded" cards under $400 that include an HDMI port that are Mac-compatible. In fact, I know of no Mac-compatible cards that include an HDMI port -- but you may be able to get away with a DVI-to-HDMI adapter and settle for a card with DVI port(s).

Thanks,
I like that... "Budget minded"... I was just thinking cheap.
But I had not thought of that. I already have a dvi to hdmi adapter around here somewhere.
Now a follow up if anyone is still out there. How about an hdmi EXTENSION. My computer will not sit right next to the TV.
Thanks,
R

Back