Androo's Image Club

Originally posted by Androo
The Sandwhich was a parody of The Ring, unless you two never go ou tto the mall to see posters on the wall where the cinemas are.....
*Sandwich.
All I see is a radial gradient and radial blur with some text, and some weird thing where part of the gradient was moved with the rectangular marquee. :confused: Am I incorrect? I could do that in two minutes tops.

ok... i kind of explained why i made it... it wasnt for a website... it wasnt an amazing piece of artwork.. it was a practical joke for someone's brother..... i said that didnt i? i suppose i am the only one with a pair of eyes then? yeah i suppose so... i made it in two minutes tops.... do you have eyes Ricky? do you? they are located under your EYEBROWS!

ANYWAY, change the subject completely, all gone, fighting isnt good, sry. OK.
My next thingy is my band logo... TrueForm. I made it cloudy and interesting....
here it is:

That logo will be on the cover of our "album". Now, the next thing is the splash page for my band:

Can't show off my real works (wait for the new website) so I'll just give you all some samples.

Self Portrait:

:p Looks good, Scott, though a bit chaotic.

Here is my first attempt at drawing an Anime/Manga style mecha. I have rendered and shaded the pencil drawing in PhotoShop using an iBook 500 and a small Wacom tablet. The background is soft pastel.

:p

Attachments

• mecha01.jpg
    mecha01.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 22
The shading is done with a tablet, though the original outline was pencil on paper, and the backdrop is a seperately drawn page in soft pastel. I have a friend who is really into the Robotech stuff, and I asked for his advice on what it should look like.

The whole process took around six hours to complete, from blank paper to finished image.

And here, for you guys, is the first episode of my webcomic, KimiCorp. I am in the process of designing the site for it now, so you will be among the first people to see it. I am sort of learning as I go along, and this first episode has been drawn on a dozen sheets of paper using all different methods of inking and colouring, in an attempt to try and work out what works well, so it's a bit inconsistent. I hope to be able to produce each episode in under 6 hours, so I can actually fit it into my life. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• kimi001.jpg
    kimi001.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 17
I also don't get "The Sandwich." I haven't seen The Ring, so I'm probably missing something important in getting the punchline, but what's the joke? How do a few misaligned filters in Photoshop parody a feature film? I'm probably never going to see The Ring, and if I ever do, I won't care if it's ruined for me already or whatever, so would you mind explaining?

It's a parody of the ring that is seen in the video that kills people on The Ring. It's not a very good mock up, as it's sort of broken-looking, but is ok. It is actually a bit funny...if you saw the movie, you'd see the humor in it.

People would see this image of a ring (on a TV :p) before they died (not all they saw, but that's part of it). That link goes to the official movie site. First thing you'll see is a graphic of the ring....also says The Ring in it, but the text doesn't show up when you're watching the movie, of course.

Compare the two images...and remember that Androo did make it as a joke. It probably would scare someone that had seen the movie and then woke up to see that on their TV. :D

Personally, I didn't think the movie was scary, but most of my friends did. But I'm someone who found The Exorcist hilarious and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre boring...so don't listen to me when I say something's not scary. :p

Heh, in fact, I've only seen one movie that ever scared me. Y'all will laugh at this one. I know, 'cause I do. :D I'm sure it wouldn't scare me now, but it did then. It was one of the Superman movies - the one where Superman turns evil (I forget which one it is now...). That scared me. Just keep in mind that I was around 6 years old when we (my family) went to see it. ;) Had nightmares after I saw it - I mean, if the good guy can turn evil, what hope is there for things? :p

He he he ... I went to see "Neverending Story" when I was about five and was so terrified of the flying dog thing that I hid under the seat. That's kind of odd, because the dog is one of the good guys, but try telling that to a five-year-old with the attention span of a gnat.

And anyway, the comic doesn't have a "punchline" as such ... it is an ongoing episodic story. The last frame is there to lead into the story of the villain of the series. So if you don't get it, that's because there is no "it" to get.

DS: Thank you, that was very enlightening. I get the humor now; you see the ring, you eat the sandwich: either way you die. I think the broken part of Androo's image makes it looks more like a sandwich... either way, nice parody.

Here's my next YCDTOST image (yes, I know it's pretty easy to do in Photoshop, but that's not the point... the point is the humor of it):

Attachments

• irsborg.jpg
    irsborg.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 14
Back