Apple sightings on TV and movies?

Wow, what a long thread, begun back in May 2002 and still going.

I usually have a bit of a rush when I spot a Mac on TV and want to rub it into PC users, but alas, smart aleck brother, "yeah great props aye" so ignore that.

On cable/satelite TV in Australia on channelV request show aimed at a younger audience, they had/have (haven't seen it for a couple of months now) an imac, guessing it be a 21inch size screen running iTunes visuals and they stand there talking while swiviling the screen around, now that's a great attention seeker. PC's are still in 95% of homes in Australia, so for a younger audience to see an imac being twisted and turned like it can, surely their young minds must go, "wow what a cool computer" :D

For those of you in the UK and Oz, Paul Robinson, long time baddie in 'Neighbours' seems to be doing all his scheming on a 15" Powerbook these days. He even used the DVD player not long ago.

:p

I just saw something channel surfing. Please don't hate me but I had to stop when going past Foxnews on TV. The co-hosts both had MacBook Pros in front of them. I checked the next day and they still had them during the show FoxNews Live. This really surprises me!

I saw the premiere of HEROES, and Hiro Nakamura's office (which previously belonged to his late father) had an iMac.

Oh, and Wall-E was never mentioned. Wall-E himself has the Mac's startup sound when he's fully charged (it comes up three or four times, I think), and he's using an iPod 5G for watching the videotape (!!) of Hello Dolly. There might be more references, but those kinda stand out.

Oh, and Wall-E was never mentioned. Wall-E himself has the Mac's startup sound when he's fully charged (it comes up three or four times, I think), and he's using an iPod 5G for watching the videotape (!!) of Hello Dolly. There might be more references, but those kinda stand out.

And EVE reminded me of an iPod...or a white iMac. And did you notice the circling lines inside the cavity of where her head floats? Who hasn't seen that little cycle when his/her Mac boots up? ;)

Well, this was fun while it was new...

It will probably be easy now.

An animated Best Buy commercial about tech support has a MacBook on the table (looks like an 11 inch MBA)

Yea, way more Macs around in the movies nowadays.
I saw Red today - didn't spot Macs in it, but there was a trailer for Four Lions in the beginning. The terrorists had some iPhones in it... (looks like an interesting movie too, will have to see it. And Red was awesome too)

Well in watching American football in the USA, the retail chain Best Buy is heavily showing a christmas season commercial the animated Santa workshop shop with Santa saying he has the new Mac Book Air for kids right at the beginning of the commercial.

Old thread, long dormant, but I came to mind in the last episode of a Netflix K-drama when two crossed lovers compared themselves to Mac OS and Windows. More than product placement, the conversation went on for 2 minutes, an age in soap opera time.

I found it looking for a post I had made. Lots of the old folks had a post or two.

Back