Apple sightings on TV and movies?

i saw sopranos series 3 .. those parts where meadow is with her bf in the campus .. noah has a clamshell ibook.

also os x was featured prominently in tonight's episode of sex and the city,
along with a 17" pBook (of course not including the pismo of Carrie's)

in one of the most recent American Chopper episodes (the finishing of the POW bike), they took it to get photographed, and the photographer (petrocelli) was using an Albook.

Not sure if it is mentioned, but i was playing True Crime Streets of LA, and on a computer in the EOD office, Mac OS X. I was like damn, some 3D artist had a sense of humor.

CNN International hosts the Music Room which ran a 5 minute bit on iPod djs

Nasty bit, also CNN International. They used a cartoonized old powerbook 145 to illustrate the development of myDoom...

A few scenes with different Macs in Lost in Translation.

And not a sighting, but a recent interview with Duran Duran guitarist John Taylor on the band hitting the road once again had him saying he didn't mind all of the traveling and sleeping in hotels all of the time as long as he had his guitar and his Apple iPod with him.

Oh, and I've noticed Macs in a local cable company advertising campaign, print and broadcast, promoting a broadband sign-up deal and the joys of wireless connectivity.

Hi this is my first New Thread here :D
last night i was watching the Grammy Awards on tv, and there was an add shown for "http://www.whatsthedownload.com/". There was a girl using a IBOOK with the Apple Logo hidden by a sticker, the interface she was useing was OS /X and she was stealing music !!! I wonder how Apple feels about this, and someone steeling music on their IBOOK, when they run ITMS?
Did anyone else notice this?

Thanx

Well, it's more of an _ad_ for Apple than something they might get angry about. Also: With the removed Apple logo, many will probably _not_ recognise the iBook. (I've seen the ad, and as an Apple user surely recognised it. But Windows users? Nah...)

I saw another ad with a sticker over the logo of a an apple laptop. My 5 year old said it was an Apple Mac. And followed with a question. Daddy, why didn't that apple have a bite out of it? Kids are observent.

stargate SG1 on sky television last night, probably an old episode in the US but it was the one where the tv crew film what happens in stargate command. when they are editing the footage they use final cut pro and an apple keyboard with colour coded keys.

Just finished a DVD marathon of the second series of 24... man, are they sponsored by Apple or what??!! iBooks, Powerbooks, iMacs, Powermacs, Apple Cinema displays, Mac OSX startup screen, the opening and the innards of a G4 tower. Unfortunately they have the odd Dell too :(

actually that stargate episode sounds like the previews for this friday's episode here in the states.

ipods were mentioned, not shown, on last nite's NCIS

steven_lufc said:
Just finished a DVD marathon of the second series of 24... man, are they sponsored by Apple or what??!! iBooks, Powerbooks, iMacs, Powermacs, Apple Cinema displays, Mac OSX startup screen, the opening and the innards of a G4 tower. Unfortunately they have the odd Dell too :(
No kidding... they must be, or something. This season (despite being 2 or 3 years in the future), CTU uses G5's and iSights, and they actually used the iSights in one episode. (Not last night's, though. Last night, they had to get a worm out of the system.)

The SNL recurring skit Jared's Room (which is a supposed webcam show) has been updated from an OS 9 Netscape browser to an OS X Explorer browser, complete with floating Dock when they close the window. Although the cursor moves to the left of the close widget to close it... odd.

Also, I saw a flat-panel iMac in a Carmax commercial... yeah, I know, whoop-de-do.

Back