Arafats mysterious ailment

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
The reports are still coming in that no one knows what is ailing Yasser Arafat, or what is making him violently ill. Some have even speculated that it may been deliberate poisoning (soon to become a bizarre assasination conspiracy theory in the loony Arab streets), but one thing is certain, for years, it has been making me violently ill to look at him. Lets not mince words, Arafat has amphibian genetics and clearly is not human. He is a precious gleaming example of the revolting face of true ugliness. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm sure it has had absolutely no effect on his august leadership. I mean, some of my best friends are genetic mutations.

Anyway, I just wanted everyone to now that I'm not gonna hold the fact that Arafat looks like a gasping sick fish out of water that got stepped on until its eyes popped out, against him. It's all the other sh!t that really bothers me.

I hope that didn't come across as sarcastic.

g/re/p said:
hey - as long as it kills him, why worry?
Beside the loss of a big man, he is the reason why things did not yet explode in a very rough war. It would be a very dangerous situation for Israel if Arafat would die and Israel knows this. I would rather like to see other so called peacemakers to find their end but him..

Many in Europe and the United States assume that all Arab governments support Yasser Arafat, or assume the Arab nations have united policies and views. In contrast, Arafat has had a mixed relationship at best with the leaders of other Arab nations. At various times he has come under withering criticism from Arab leaders and press. In the last few years growing disenchantment with Arafat and his peers has surfaced within the general Arab press. However, he remains by far the most popular Arab leader amoung the general populace.

Arab Times (Kuwait): 'Mr Arafat should quit his position because he is the head of a corrupt authority. There is no point for him to remain in politics... He has destroyed Palestine. He has led it to terrorism, death and a hopeless situation... All Arab leaders know this fact. It won't be possible for us to gain from the Middle East road map for peace if this man remains in power.'

BBC quoted a Jenin Martyrs' Brigade spokesman: 'With all due respect to President Arafat, the Palestinian Authority cannot continue being monopolised by [Arafat] and his relatives...we have our own ways to show our rejection.'

Al-Quds Al-Araby (London): 'What is happening in Gaza is a healthy phenomenon because it is a revolution against corruption and the corrupt... This is a warning not only to Mr Arafat... but to all Arab regimes which subjugate their people by turning a deaf ear to their calls for comprehensive change.'

Zammy-Sam said:
Beside the loss of a big man, he is the reason why things did not yet explode in a very rough war. It would be a very dangerous situation for Israel if Arafat would die and Israel knows this. I would rather like to see other so called peacemakers to find their end but him..

Update 11.04

The aquatic fishman slipped into a coma this morning and the Palestinian cabinet slipped into total chaos, fumbling over who should be the next "peacemaker" and king of the infernal sandtrap./.

Hopefully they will get a cool US-friendly interim thug in there so we can work that account. The fishman is impotent on all fronts.

Ding dong, the wicked old grandfather of terrorism is a vegtable.

This just in from the AP wire:

Wildlife biologists tagged Arafat's ear and attached a radiotransmitter collar to his neck and released him into the Fjords of Norway this afternoon. Scientists hope to track Arafat's movements and study his habits. "We've never seen anything like him" said one of the senior biologists, "so far we've detected more then 16 different types of primative amphibian DNA in his genes, that we strongly believe to be left over from the Paleozoic Era."

Originally, Arafat was thought by many as a simple frog/human DNA splice. But upon further research into the abberation, the biologists discovered a multilateral comingling of many primitive homonid and reptilian genomes. Earlier this afternoon when Arafat went into a deep sleep, top doctors in Paris were confounded and assumed it was a coma. It turns out that since cold-blooded reptiles and amphibians can not warm their own blood, they go into a lethargic state when not directly in sunlight. "We really thought we lost him" said one of the frazzled MD's. "His pulse was 1 over 2 and we were seriously concerned about brain damage, well, um, kinda concerned, this is the Arafat after all."

While moving Arafat from the emergency room to the morgue down a sunny hallway, Arafat sprang back to life with renewed radical furver. passersby were horrified at the sight of him and most lost their lunches and had to be hospitalized. Arafat escaped and instinctually headed south toward warmer climates. This is where he came upon the team of marine biologists doing research on the shores of the Mediterranean sea and was shot with a tranquilizer gun and captured. "We really thought we'd discovered a whole new species of sea creature" said one of the biologists, "turns out this beast is just Arafat, what a bummer".

Arafat was then handed over to a team of wildlife biologists for scrutinization and binomial classification - which turned out to be an impossibly confounding task - so in a gesture of compassion the biologists decided to let Arafat go free in the Fjords of Norway where we can keep an eye on his behavior.

habilis reporting, AP News.

g/re/p,

hmm
since when are the arab times or the al quds al araby arab governments? Since the time that the New York Times endorsed Bush? ;) (ie never) (why do you think al quds publishes in England?) Arab governments support the Palestinian Authority (as well as the fractious groups that make it up like Hamas). As such they support Arafat.

And don't you see that the Jenin Martyrs brigade quote supports what Zammy said? They are chaffing against his attempts to control their violent revenge.

Camel face or no, corruption or no, he was / is the elected PRESIDENT of the Palestinian Authority. The chaos that may (or may not) follow his death (God Bless His Soul) is part an parcel of the whole mess in the region and every single player from Lord Balfour to the kids throwing rocks has enough blood on their hands to not be able to fully blame the other.

Habilis, you call me from retirement.

You had been rather quite for some time, and then burst onto the scene with this kind of stuff? Is this what we can expect from ideologues and Re-Education Ministries in the wake of a slim victory by Mssrs Bush and Cheney? Your rant is full of bile and spite to make me think that mean-spirited is an adequate term to define the conservative voice. A shame since I consider myself conservative.

Vitriolic aspursion and character assasination, a personal attack on a man you never met, and who you dismiss without understanding. He is the leader of a people with a hope for a sovereign nation. He has changed through his many years, but you won't let him be any different than your pre-conceived notions of him based on (slanted) news reports and your revulsion at his admittedly unusual countenance.

Maybe you should take a moment to consider the words of the Indian sage "before you judge a man, walk a mile in his moccasins."

Or perhaps an non-infidel's take on the subject "...remove the log-jam from your own eye."

As an American (living in the Middle East) I am affronted by your post. You confirm the worst suspicions of rest of the world, not that America is an arrogant bastion of unilateral self-righteousness, but that Americans are.

pds, relax. This thread was started as satirical dark humor. I guessed it might evolve into something ugly but you just walked on to the stage of Saturday Night Live and angrily cursed the people for laughing. And as for considering yourself a conservative, maybe you should reconsider. You're a perfect echo of Michael Moore.

Probably just a bad case of IBD

When you can't get enough nourishment to stay in longer than 5 minutes and your hugging or squating around the porcelain thrown(or bed pan) all day long for weeks on end your gonna drop dead one day.

Castro + Cuba and "death" = good times for everyone, next Hawaiian paradise and real estate boom.

Arafat + Palestine and "death" = sorry state where no one really wants to step up and lead their people.

Everyone at one time would like to grow up and become president of the U.S. hell, probably half the world leaders would like to take control, because you have some damn fine people to govern and create some money.

"only 6.8 percent of members of the NRA would give up their guns forever for the guarantee of world peace"

habilis said:
pds, relax. etc.
As to humor, no - It's not funny. Speak not ill of the dying.

As to reconsideration - I try to do it on a daily basis.

As to Michael Moore - I don't think so, the man's work revolts me in much the same way as other categorical proclamations, right and left. The world is a complex place, not easily reduced to formulas and stereotypes.

I must say though, I do have a slightly different perspective than the typical American from Hamilton, Ohio. I live here and see the situation on the ground that should make all conservatives stand up and champion the cause of justice and peace in the Middle East. The Palestinians are a wrongfully oppressed people. I think you would do well to let me out of the box you have put me in and reconsider things along with me.

True conservative may debate the facts, but the baseline is that the Palestinian people have a legal and moral right to an unfettered state as per Olso and other agreements and resolutions. For whatever it is worth, Yasser Arafat, with his boogers and warts, was/is the embodiment of that right.

As to the ugly American crack - I don't imagine the animosity, I live with it daily.

pds, it is funny, maybe just not to you - maybe if I inserted Bush's name in place of Arafat's you'd be loving it. The election is over, why are you guys still spinning? If I didn't know any better I'd swear you were Noam Chomsky. You might be fooling some of the folks here into thinking you're a centrist but you're clearly a left winger trying to run a seminar.

Wrong again Hubert.

I would not find it funny if it were about the person that I (not without some serious reservations) voted for for President. I don't like ethic jokes much either, though I guess some do. I take life and variety as too precious to joke about that way. Call me old fashioned.

Noam Chomsky is also on my D list. Don't believe in the International Court, don't believe that there is such a thing as "International Law" any further than the specific treaties that sovereign states negotiate and implement. Sovereignty is my password.

Your box is a little out of square.

But you are right about the seminar - figure that as long as I'm right, I might as well say it. ;)

Actually, i don't really know enough about the subject to make an informed decision - or to accept someone elses opinion as being all-knowing or even correct.

In truth, i was just spouting off - lol

But as with any subject, for every opinion there is a difference
of opinion just waiting somewhere to prove it as wrong.

Do i want to get into a pissing match over it? no, i do not.

/me runs away (lmao)

beorning said:
g/re/p,

hmm
since when are the arab times or the al quds al araby arab governments? Since the time that the New York Times endorsed Bush? ;) (ie never) (why do you think al quds publishes in England?) Arab governments support the Palestinian Authority (as well as the fractious groups that make it up like Hamas). As such they support Arafat.

And don't you see that the Jenin Martyrs brigade quote supports what Zammy said? They are chaffing against his attempts to control their violent revenge.

Camel face or no, corruption or no, he was / is the elected PRESIDENT of the Palestinian Authority. The chaos that may (or may not) follow his death (God Bless His Soul) is part an parcel of the whole mess in the region and every single player from Lord Balfour to the kids throwing rocks has enough blood on their hands to not be able to fully blame the other.

Ok pds, maybe you're on the level, but even if I were serious, it's strange that you defend this guy like he's Mother Theresa.

Strange because it was Arafat's hand that signed the checks to fund Palestinian terror attacks against Israel. It was Arafat's voice that gave the green light to Hamas, Islamic Jihad and his own Fatah movement to launch suicide-bombing attacks against innocent men, women and children. And it is Arafat's mind that plotted and oversaw the present wave of Palestinian terror. This is what you defend? This is the man who's shoes I need to walk in??

Even Israel's head of military Intelliegence, Zeevi-Farkash, said early last year "orders for terrorist attacks were and still are actually coming directly from Arafat's headquarters." In fact, as early as 97, Arafat was authorizing Hamas and Islamic Jihad attacks; he formed an umbrella group together with the Islamofasciasts organizations called the "Nationalist and Islamic Forces" that coordinated attacks against Israel, during the recent intifada, under the leadership of Fatah.

But it's not that he just finances these mass murders and serial killings, Arafat himself actually takes part in the command and detailed planning of suicide attacks by the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, which we've heard so much good news about. As the mastermind of the second Palestinian intifada of September 2000, according to many recorded Palestinian sources, his influence over the scope and timing of the violence is extensive and even decisive. There's nothing slanted about that pds.

As a result, over 700 innocent Israelis have been murdered in the past four years by Palestinian terrorists. Which is not to mention the Munich Olympics massacre, the Achille Lauro hijacking or other various atrocities perpetrated over the years by the PLO. How in the world can you defend this creep?

It'll be a bright day that he's gone and we get a serious shot at working that account.

Arafat is evenly matched on the other side by Sharon.
BBC said:
Mr Sharon masterminded Israel's disastrous invasion of Lebanon in 1982.

As defence minister, and without explicitly telling Prime Minister Menachem Begin, he sent the Israeli army all the way to Beirut, a strike which ended in the expulsion of Yasser Arafat's Palestine Liberation Organisation (PLO) from Lebanon.

The move stopped the PLO using Lebanon to launch attacks against Israel, but also resulted in the massacre of hundreds of Palestinians by Lebanese Christian militiamen in two Beirut refugee camps under Israeli control.

Mr Sharon was removed from office in 1983 by an Israeli tribunal investigating the 1982 Lebanon invasion, finding him indirectly responsible for the killings.

As housing minister in the early 1990s, he presided over the biggest building drive in Jewish settlements in the West Bank and Gaza since Israel occupied the territories in 1967.

Sharon has always been against any sort of peace deal, unless on terms entirely impossible for Palestinians to accept. In 1979, as a member of Begin's cabinet, he voted against a peace treaty with Egypt. In 1985 he voted against the withdrawal of Israeli troops to the so-called security zone in Southern Lebanon. In 1991 he opposed Israel's participation in the Madrid peace conference. In 1993 he voted No in the Knesset on the Oslo agreement. The following year he abstained in the Knesset on a vote over a peace treaty with Jordan. He voted against the Hebron agreement in 1997 and objected to the way in which the withdrawal from southern Lebanon was conducted.

Some links:
*UN condems massacre of Palestinians in Beirut
The Kahan Report
(section on Sharon)
*Full report at Min. Foreign Aff. of Israel
Mr. Sharon was found responsible for ignoring the danger of bloodshed and revenge when he approved the entry of the Phalangists into the camps as well as not taking appropriate measures to prevent bloodshed.
*UN Report: Grave and massive violations of the human rights of the Palestinian people by Israel

Arafat is not the only terrorist.

Eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

Back