BILL & HP copy APPLE Design

Originally posted by genehack
I hate em -on the other hand-this message timed in these days shows clearly APPLE is on the right track!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/134689749_winhec06.html

It would be better for all of them if they simply roll over and die and let Apple do what does all those years:
-> Innovate <-

And for all those iWhiners which always have something negative to say about Apple it seems that after all Apple was doing all those years the right thing and continues to do so! By combining software and hardware under one umbrella, clearly after all, Apple is on the hot spot...

I cannot wait for Win2004-5 only to have people actually see that they can have with Wintel what Mac users had with Apple 3-4 years earlier... Great laughs for me! :D

As for Athens Wintel it would be better if M$ paid Apple in order to resurrect Cube paired with Cinema Display 23" and a G970... Great fun to be had by the Dark Side... Only if... :rolleyes:

Also, for this:
"Assuming the industrial designs are on par with some of the technology that's coming out, in 2005 you get a device that's much easier to hook up, much more secure, quite a bit faster, closer to instant on and off, and that combination of things is expected to bring people back to the stores,"
I simply say to those fellas locate your nearest Apple Store, get in, buy some Apples, get out, enjoy! Stop waiting for the Wintel to catch up! :)

Finally, for this:
"It may not be a coincidence that the Athens PC resembles an Apple machine, with rounded corners, a translucent case and a flat, wide display. HP executive Louis Kim acknowledged the similarities, noting, "Apple is on a similar track in that they're designing with the end-user in mind and they're integrating hardware and software."
But he said the Athens was designed for functionality, not fashion."
Now, to be for fashion as well as function it would be too hard for the Wintel side, wouldn't it? Nah! Let Apple do both of these things in order for you to be able to do piss poor copy jobs dummy Sith Lords of the Dark Side! :p :D ;)

Oh, almost forgot this:
"When the hardware receives an incoming call, the software automatically pulls up the caller's contact information and photo if the data are stored on the system."
OS X Address Book + OS X Bluetooth + SE T68i = Anyone? :rolleyes:

What's next? A Wintel that has no Floppy and no PS/2 slots? :D

NOTE TO ADMINS
------------------------
Change the main title into this:
BILL & HP copy EVERYTHING from APPLE!

well the hardest thing is the desktop image of this crap.
Bill is maybe pissed by Cupertino for their own office developement now.
And look at this Gates careerist lookalike:p

Attachments

• bild 2.jpg
    bild 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 125
(that BILL-wannabe is ugly.) the keyboard is ugly. the display is ugly.the mouse is ugly...

do they try to make them that ugly on purpose... or are they just incapable of designing something nice for a change???

If you do some research, you'll find that its almost an exact copy of a design Apple and Frog Design did at least 5 years ago. Go to The Apple Collection, and you'll see the computer I'm talking about. I believe its under Apple Prototypes around the last pages of the archive. The only big difference would be the color. The design they had back then that never made it to production was black,.

Originally posted by tsizKEIK
(that BILL-wannabe is ugly.) the keyboard is ugly. the display is ugly.the mouse is ugly...

do they try to make them that ugly on purpose... or are they just incapable of designing something nice for a change???

Calm down! They may be ugly but at least they are functional unlike Apple's where looks come first then at distant comes the function, if ever... :rolleyes: :p :D ;)

How are people so blind? <BR><BR>

It may not be a coincidence that the Athens PC resembles an Apple machine, with rounded corners, a translucent case and a flat, wide display. HP executive Louis Kim acknowledged the similarities, noting, "Apple is on a similar track in that they're designing with the end-user in mind and they're integrating hardware and software." But he said the Athens was designed for functionality, not fashion.

Is on a similiar track? No, Apple pretty much started this track and others are copying it because they see the great benefits. And fashion over functionality? That's about the dumbest statement I have ever heard. Apple boxes and PC boxes offer the exact same functionality, but Apple does it by looking good. Look at the iMac compared to the Profile4, the iMac's screen not only tilts but swivels. That's pretty functional for sharing ideas. But then again, Apple doesn't offer any see thru cases with bright lights so you can see the fan spinning and all the pretty wires running all over the place, darn. ;) <BR><BR>

"There was no intent to try and mimic Apple here," said Kim, HP's worldwide director of marketing for business desktop computers.

Bull. The whole article glorifies things to come from Microsoft ... things that Apple already has. Grr, it makes me mad.

Get a grip folks...

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

keep innovating Cupertino, but a bit of sincere flattery of wintel speed would be an appropriate response ;)

Please keep the Microsoft bashing at an acceptable level. We all know they do the ugly-stuff, but there's no reason to plot assassinations on our forum.

On topic: Accept that Mac users are the chosen few. 'They' don't have to see what we see. I don't care about someone thinking hp and Microsoft could do something really nice in the future, because I'm actually writing my stories and designing my graphics on a wonderfully (and functionally) designed machine that has an OS integration that Wintels will never reach (or not in time for my next book, anyway).

Originally posted by fryke
On topic: Accept that Mac users are the chosen few.

lol. We're the "Chosen People!" I've always wanted to be Jewish! Some of my friends are Jews, and they're the funniest people I know!

I'm going to be the next Mel Brooks, now that I'm of the "Chosen" people! :D

Originally posted by adambyte
lol. We're the "Chosen People!" I've always wanted to be Jewish! Some of my friends are Jews, and they're the funniest people I know!

I'm going to be the next Mel Brooks, now that I'm of the "Chosen" people! :D
We are the chosen few, not the Chosen People, although some may be both. We are the chosen few because we have brains and aren't afraid to use them.

Nobody said that we were chosen by God. It is inappropriate to imply that we are chosen by God, or to misrepresent the words of others along those lines.

"There was no intent to try and mimic Apple here," said Kim, HP's worldwide director of marketing for business desktop computers.

Yah. OOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooook. Thats what Bill said when windows came out too.

whoa!
PEOPLE this is straight against APPLE,especially the Cube fraction,look:

Attachments

• post-1-1052316292.jpg
    post-1-1052316292.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 74

Ha ha ha, that's good. It's definately a keeper.

On another note... Microsoft has done quite a bit of innovation on their own. Look at the Scroll wheel on the mouse. That right there is the product of microsoft.

As of this moment I'm using a microsoft mouse on my machine. Of course the case has been painted to match my machine and there is no microsoft logo in sight... but it's a Microsoft mouse none the less.

I had a look a the Apple Collection, there are some really interesting prototypes from Apple. They've always had a fantastic industrial design dept, especially with Jonathan Ive around. Unfortunately the Apple Collection site looks awful and they've included some lame photoshop jobs in with real prototypes.

As for the MS article, I think its a natural progression for them and PC design. Since the iMac, Apple have had a much greater influence on computer design, and product design in general. I don't think theres any need to be bitter about the whole thing. Comments like "we're not imitating Apple" seem a bit silly, but what else are they going to say!

I myself am one of the Chosen Both...

Comments like "we're not immitating Apple" are misguided because that's like saying "we're not immitating Ford" with a new automobile. (FYI, the Taurus started the trend of smooth curves in cars in 1987.) Microsoft didn't just come up with their own brand of ergonomics for this computer.

Besides, who wants a computer with a remote control?

Yes, HP (with the help of M$) copies Apple. No, M$ doesn't fight against Apple: it fights against Linux.

Apple is quite successful as a hardware manufacturer, they are still able to sell with good margin, what Dell and HP cannot do anymore. Apple is not that success as a software provider: they cannot sell their software with a reasonable margin without the hardware.

Where HP doesn't (officialy) copy Apple (and HP is wrong here) is when it says: we design for functionnality, not for fashion. Everybody knows that in a tough market, only the companies that have this little fashion extra can sell with margin ! Look at Swatch, look at Porsche, BMW or Ferrari, look at Versace... To sell with margin you need uncompromized technology, with a little extra of fashion.

Back