BlueFusion's Idea Cafe

Bluefusion

Into the Breach
Despite what it might first seem like, this thread is NOT like Herve's Bar & Grill, where you just say what happened in your day and have random conversations :)

What this is (and hopefully it too will become a classic) is the place to post your ideas on how things should be CHANGED. From Apple hardware to world events to the colors they use on the Rwandanese flag, this is where you speak your mind about how you'd change things... and then others can tell you exactly how ridiculous your ideas are. But still, it should be a lot of fun, ok? I got the idea for this from xoot, and my post in my congrats thread about Apple branching into consumer electronics more... so, if you haven't already, read this page from the Congrats thread.

So... Welcome to BlueFusion's Idea Cafe. What do you want changed?™

Brought to you by the one and only xoot, for coming up with the idea in the first place. :)

It is made by pressing option + 2.

I think this should be changed so that Option + T does it instead of that dumb little dagger sign which no one uses anyway... :)

did you know © is option "g"? That makes no sense! It should be option "c", but then we'd have no ç or Ç, so how about opt. f1 or something

In order of increasing seriousness...

I think all flags should be a single solid color. Whatever shade you want. So everyone could have really fun arguments about whether that flag is cyan or teal or aqua...

I think that people should have to pass a test to be able to have a child -- personality, IQ, or otherwise prove they're a contribution to society. :p

I think that the US should adopt a 30 hour work week, and let workers choose their own work hours (i.e., if someone is a "night person" they could work midnight to whatever instead of having to work during the day).

I think that the US should also adopt a much more environmentally friendly power supply. We have the technology to supplement polluting power plants with wind and solar and geothermal, but it's too expensive. Make Bill Gates pay for it all. :)

I have a bunch more...

I think the entire world should switch to Metric Time (I did my science project on it) If people are curious as to how MT works, tell me and If people are genuinely interested (yeah, right) I'll put it on my website. All others can email me for the RTF file I wrote on it, which I''l put on my ws eventually

its pretty cool. Make a gif with that and your old one alternating, or morphing!

what about Metric Time?

Very nice, xoot, but that is a bit off-topic. It's OK tho :)

nkuvu: the IQ thing is DEFINITELY something I've been thinkign about. It makes perfect sense.. I mean, people just shouldn't be HAVING kids if they can't think for themselves.

zaq, is Metric Time that thing that uses "Beats" so everyone is in the same time zone? Or something else?

The Cafe is officially open for business! :)

Nuh-uh. He's right. Herve's is a BAR, where people act (sorry, everyone :)) somewhat drunk :))), this is an INTELLECTUAL GATHERING, where people have cappuchinos and other "intellectual" drinks (basically, stuff that's "cooler" than alcohol :)). So, we need to get an official Cafetender, but until then I'll do it. Here's your cappucino, zaq, with the five extra flavor shots.

/me sips a frappe :)

Sorry, xaq. Now I'm the one who's messed up.. I seem to have given you xoot's drink. Oh, well... xoot, here's a cappuchino with 7 flavor shots :)

xaq, mocha coming right up... :)

I think they should change the way that OS X ejects CDs with drives that don't have manual-eject (like on my iMac)... when I push the keyboard eject key, my external drive opens as well as the internal, occasionally INSTEAD of the internal. This gets annoying. :)

You should write an applescript that ejects your cd. Then put it in the speakable items folder, name it "eject CD" and every time you say "eject CD" it will eject.

If this doesn't work, then it should

Back