Bush Pisses Me OFF

I lack the faith you have in god, to me jesus was a man that was born as anyother and he preached peace in a time of war. I am very against the death peanalty, I have seen too many of my friends die from others anger and yet I still do not feel that killing those that have done the murder will do anything to bring my friends back. Make them work hard labor for the rest of thier lives, don't let them get off easy by dying. I disagree with you that the bible was breathed by god, I think (in my opinion) that it was a book written by clerics long ago (because they were the only able to read and write) to keep the masses in line and to explain away things that they could not because they did not have science (this is a complete another thread :) ) to explain things. So using an outdated book to justify nuclear destruction is not feasible, and if we were to do that then does that mean we should nuke Las Vegas? If that is not a sysmbol of Sodom and Gomora (?sp) I don't know what is.

Dude: You can't do that man, these guys, they're like me, they're pacifists. Smokey was a conscientous objector.

Walter: You know, dude, I myself once dabbled in pacifism, not in 'Nam of course.

Dude: And you know, he's got emotional problems, man.

Walter: You mean, beyond pacifism?

You are absolutely right!

When we look at the whole history of civilization, even before biblical times...
We see the fight for power repeat again, and again, and again.
So, what have we all learned after all...

It's the world a better place?
No.
Have the consciousness of the "human being" evolved to higher realms?
No.
We keep feeding again and again the same wheel of "cause and effect".

Like this, it will never end. Not only that, today, we are so powerfull, we can destroy not only one nation, but the whole world as well.

And we are doing just that...in many aspects.

What you beleive will be the consequences of droping a big bomb?

Peace?

Please, don't be naive or emotional...

Someday, we all pay the consequences of what we do today.

If you seed peace, consciousness and understanding...

Beleive me, your harvest will be plentiful.

All the best...

Who said destroy the world?

I said, "strategic big one" in reference to a "20 mile area" aka 400 sq miles. That is a small area.

I think what we did in Japan many years ago should be considered again. :)

Admin

the same one I was trying to make earlier, that would kill thousands if not millions of muslims, so they grow up hating america for killing thier brethren, we must think through the consequences of our actions, and I think empowering the militants and creating thousand of martyrs is playing into the hands of binLaden, I think he would want nothing more than to have america drop THE BOMB on afgahnistan, it would unite all the militants in one cause against america. This is the most dreadful end situation I can think of.

But admin, you didn't really read my post carefully...

What do you think will be the consequences?

Sorry, but whatever your answer will be
I will go away from this thread now,
And you know, 90% of the world population probably agree with you.

Thanks and good luck...

the best way to win a war is to do exactly what your enemy least wants you to do.
like turn his/their supporters against him/them?

Do the japanese hate us now?
I think not.(of course this is MY interpretation, and sao is free to go on about my egocentrism if he wishes)

I dont think that muslims see other muslims as bretheren if they are not from the same place as they are. If that were true we would have american muslims in an uproar causing troubles on the home front.

Admiral

I used to think these conversations were trivial- they didn't really affect me, I had little or no direct influence on the issues, and felt I could better serve both myself and my community by keeping my own counsel and looking after myself.

With an exception- I still believe that. The events of the 11th brought one problem with my little philosophy: I am a voting member of a, albeit representative, democracy. My vote influences what leaders make decisions. I can petition those leaders, write letters to those leaders, and entreat them to consider other vantage points. I can affect what this country does. While I'm only one of many, many billions with this power- I can influence my friends, thereby creating greater influence and greater representation. My friends can do the like. Thusly- I can enact a great amount of influence if I am vocal enough about my opinion.

Largely, I believe the United States was attacked because it's been behaving like a jackass. The general populace knows little about political, economical, and social affairs and strife in the blurred media ether that the world is to so many. It's frightening to think of the consequences. The simple fact is that America needs to get off its collective asses, let their digital satellite TV leases lapse, and start reading a few newspapers. Start having an opinion on the DMCA, and Anti-Terrorism laws that have been enacted so hastily and so clumsily. Start asking whether or not the United States should take a more mediary approach to issues like Israel/Palestine. Finally- talk about those issues with your peers. Think about it. Make it part of your day. Have concern for those who aren't as well off. VOTE.

If the violence that has occurred does nothing else- I hope it shocks many others with similar initiations and causes our nation to, at least, be far more aware of our world.

Directly- should we be attacking Afghanistan? I can't think of an alternative. If things are left as they are- living conditions will not improve there. I fully support surgical removal of the Taliban and Bin Laden's regime from the country. Earlier someone mentioned that Hitler was elected democratically. It should be noted that he was elected during a time of hard economic strife, and was named a hero for rebuilding the economy upon his war machinery. Diseased tissue only further breeds disease as it dies, and becomes a den for maggots and further filth. Only healthy tissue can grow.

In rereading my post- some parts of it seem preachy. Just white those out ;)
The delivery needs some work yet, and I have class :)

-- added --
Nuclear war is scary. We should never, ever consider such a course of action again. It is, simply, too destructive. No one can justive mass execution or determine human life as expendable. Such decisions are in line with serial murder. Also- this is the 69th post in this thread! w00t!

Then why are the muslims in Indonesia and Philipines having anti-american rallies, they see us murdering muslims in afgahnistan. In a world where even the most backwater countries have news, we have become a world of information, and a lot of these countries have national news agencies, so they bias the news to thier means. Again I repeat we must think ahead about our actions we take now.

I think japan is not an even comparison, japan was an imperialist nation that was venuring out, and after world war 2 we went in and completely rebuilt them from the ground up, in afgahnistan they are fighting amongst themselves, we come in and play favor on one side, plus we are involved in the middle east where they (muslims) wish to rule themselves without intervention, in this case we are acting more as the imperialists, trying to tell them how to treat women, how to live thier lives. My point is is you cannot compare apples (no pun intended) to oranges.

dev.lqd,
alternatives: offering the same aid/rebuilding etc that Hitler offered might get most Fundamentalist muslims on our side.
sorry for some 'server' reason i can only post a few lines.

AdmiralAK,

I didn't called you egocentric, but I did say your writing looked insane to me...

I visited Hiroshima, visited Nagasaki, have been there...

Very sad indeed...

What do you think the families of the death japanese from the atomic bombs, feel towards the US?

Gratefulness? Happiness? That Justice was done?

What do you think right now of Bin Laden, after the attack, and RacerX and the admin and many more people around the world.

Most people are angry, emotional, even hateful

And then, some of Bin Laden followers will say:

I don't think the americans hate us, it have already passed 40 years since our attack.

They love us...

Please, tell this to a New Yorker...

I think it's funny that people shy away from the Bible and from God. How can one doubt the existence of order when they look around at the world w/o human intervention.

Consider everything, the trees, the animals... the sun, the moon... all these things, without soul or free-choice work perfectly day after day... since the beginning of time.

Even us, as humans, although our decisions are far from perfect, our bodies, function in the same way, a 9 month pregancy, a womans monthly cycle, the heart, our brain... everything seems to have purpose, as though, and for some of you this might be pushing it... as though it was planned by design.

This war is the ongoing spritual war of good vs evil. Granted, not all America is good and today far from it... but the foundation of this country... is what bin laden disagree's with. It is the freedom of Christianity, that women, enjoy the freedom they have... yet feminists are the very ones again Christianity. Why don't they take a stand against our foes in Afganastan.

For those who don't believe in God or are confused about the whole subject... consider this for topic...

"There is only ONE TRUE God"

That being said... someone in this war represents one God vs another "god". Who, indeed represents the ONE true God.

I am "thankful" that Bush is in the whitehouse, he may not be the best military leader, nor he may not be the most charastmatic leader, but he is, most importantly, a believer... and that my friend will get us further in this conflict, than the other side will ever see.

When God is on your side, who can stand against you?

On a side note, I think we should continue to stand behind Israel, and I think neglecting Israel is a *BAD* thing.

Admin

America changed its tune on the Gaza strip conflict rather rapidly after Sept 11th.People, the earth etc haven't been around since the beginning of time, it took millennia foreven basic life to evolve- fact.
Admin, sorry, but your living in a fantasy world. Your not a Mormon per chance are you?
i wonder if this re-edit will allow me to write more...

Nope, not a mormon. :) Just a Christian.

"i wonder if this re-edit will allow me to write more..." huh?

i cant post more than 350 characters, otherwise 'macosx.com=newreply' times out. since your server upgrade i think. im in the UK, 18 hops to macosx.com. weird.

As a matter of fact I do look at the news,
I dont really look at USA news per se, although NPR I do from time to time.
I get my news from the greek media via satellite./

I do know about part of the pakistani population and other muslim nations that have gone against the USA in the form of rallies and protests, but its not all of the population and I doubt its even half of it. Each nation will have a group of radicals that they view Osama and Al Qeida and the taliban as their brotheren, I do not deny that.

Bin Laden's statement made it clear that if muslims did not feel safe (by any force) then americans would not. I see that as a blatant threat and I do not like threats, and I suspect none of you like threats. OBL did not say, "ok we stop now, we taught you a lesson", he left it open to the interpretation of "we'll keep doing things to hurt you". That is why we NEED to act out.

Admiral

I couln't go away after reading your last post...

What are you talking about?

Have you gone insane?

How can you beleive in God and talk about "the Big Bomb" same as in Japan?

Please let God inside you...really, you are confused...

Humility, Charity, Love, Acceptance, Love for the Spirit.

To say "one eye for one eye" is not the same as to say "if they hit you, put them your other cheek".

That was the teaching of Christ, and there has been no higher teaching.

And being himself a Jew, he was killed by Jews...when he was preaching.

He was preaching about love and about peace and love for the spirit.

He was not violent...and he was killed...

What Israel or Palestinians can teach us about Peace?

They are killing each other since years and years.

They can teach us about war, about hate, about winning at all costs.

None of them are serious about peace.

Sadat and Begin helped by Jimmy Carter were serious.

They achived peace, and at a high price..

Sadat was killed by his own people and Begin retired into a spiritual life.

And Bush...

You really feel he is a beleiver?

of God?

Don't make me laugh...

Just to see his little proud smile when he spoke in a church after the attacks, make me understand how proud he was of himself.
In fact he is soo much consumed with himself that he doesn't have a clue of what's going on...

When we beleive in God it shows...

It shows...

Back