Congrats to Ed Spruiell!!

RacerX

Old Rhapsody User
I just noticed Ed has 1000 posts as of last night!! I have no doubt the total is climbing as I type. So raise your coffee mugs and toast Ed as he officially needs a life more than any of the rest of us. I would like to point out that Ed has past Admiral on the average number of post per day (Admiral is just over 7, Ed is just over 16).

At least with these two on the boards, life is bound to stay ineresting!

:D

i'm not making my opinions known on this board quite as much as i could (or perhaps should). I've been a member since Nov. 2000 and I think I'm still under 200 posts.

Maybe a few "Nootch!" posts here and there will get my average up ;)

zeb

"thank you, thank you very much," he says as he humbly types post 1001, sips his morning coffee and admits he spends too much time staring at a computer screen these days.:p

that post per day thing is pretty embarrassing isn't it!! well it is about to start going back down as i turn my attention back to my schoolwork. procrastination is one of my dubious skills.

i guess the best thing to say is that i have been enjoying myself here at this site. i have found an online community that includes a good number of people with superior intelligence or better (technical classification, not a personal term). my mind is often stimulated by the 'conversations'. RacerX and AdmiralAk, you are both people i look forward to exchanging regularly with. thedbp, don't know you near as well but i have noticed you post good stuff, when you post, most of the time.

so here's a coffee mug toast (it's my star trek mug today) to you and the site!!

of course an alternate explanation is that i have spent the last 2 years sitting in therapy sessions listening and keeping my opinions to myself and that it is just a great feeling to have somewhere i can express them!!!:D

now, about that life, i saw one on sale just the other day and.....

Hey Ed..if you havent yet -- see "analyze this" -- I can picture you are the analyst in his chair daydreaming about saying it straigh to the patient...it jsut cracks me up :D

yea, i have seen it. in fact i just watched a short bit of it on tv the other nite. it really is a very funny movie when you know all the ethics and laws around therapy. just about every one of them gets violated in some ridiculous way in that movie.

feel free to keep imagining me as Billy Crystal. i will look much better that way:p

of course i prefer to see myself more like Robin Williams in "Good Will Hunting".
but i'm probably more like a poor man's Frazier (lol)

so this makes 18 posts for the day and it's not even dinner time yet. maybe i should see a therapist to break my press3 addiction:D

From RacerX:
So raise your coffee mugs and toast Ed as he officially needs a life more than any of the rest of us.

Life? What is Life? What is a Life? That does not compute (Robot from Lost In Space).....Dave, Stop Dave, I'm losing my mind, I can feel it Dave, stop Dave (You all should know that one).....NO SANTUARY, N O S A N T U A R Y (Logan's Run) ....AAAahhhhhh.......

Your Draw (West World)

lol ed, I;ve told you before and I will say it again..you look like travolta :p

So ed...have any of your clients waken you up and taken you at gun point becuae they couldnt get an erection ? :p lol

That movie was hilarious... my favorire quote:

"you....you!!!...you....you...are something!"
"No, I am not!"
"Yes you are...you are something! dont kid yourself" :p

Funny thing is, I've lived here in US Siberia (aka Minnesota) for going on 5 years and never been to Canada. Actually that isn't that strange considering that I lived within a couple miles of the Mexican boarder for almost 30 years and have only been to Mexico 4 or 5 times (I could see the lights of Tijuana from my home in Coronado on most nights though).

And you know this snow thing is getting old very fast!

oh racer, i just knew we must have more in common than thumping trolls:D
i lived 6 years in diego, mostly in OB, MB and PB but also up by sdsu and in clairemont. i spent 2 years at mesa jc and 2 at sdsu. i moved to ohio from there and getting used to the snow and the cold was awful. it took me years to learn to drive safely on the stuff. My mom still lives there and i keep my -30 degree down jacket there just in case i visit at this time of year (has happened once since i moved back to ca.) brrrr, shiver shiver!!!
i will say i made it south ot the border many more times than you. me and some buddies used to make a twice yearly trip to rosarital to go camping and party on the cliffs. the times i can remember from those trips were great ones. going down to the fishing village of puerto nuevo and eating fresh lobster with all you could eat beans and rice was always a highlight of those trips. i have a great border crossing story to tell sometime if you remind me. besides that, trips down to TJ were fairly regular. sometimes to drink, sometimes to shop and sometimes to watch the girlies dance:p i was just in TJ shopping about 5 yrs ago and it had changed alot since i was there in college. much nicer now. still, it is unmistakably TJ.
just keep playing lots of Jimmy Buffett to keep warm!! especially "Boat Drinks"

Yeah, I was born in La Jolla, and never seemed to get very far from there. Until I came up here to see one of my professors for the summer (I was also here in 1994 for a summer at the NSF Geometry Center), and then decided I needed a break from school (UCSD) and wanted to see what this winter thing was all about. So here I am almost 5 years later, and I would kill for a Rubio's Fish Taco! :(

lol, for me it was taquitos with quacamole!! no one in ohio had even heard of them.
UCSD is a nice school. i often regret that i chose state. I grew up in Palos Verdes (La Jolla North - he he) from age 12 to 18. then one friend went to sdsu and the other to UCSD. state looked like more fun at the time. but i had some pretty good times visiting my friend at UC as well. i went to ohio when my dad died to be with my mom and little sister. i thought i might stay for 6-12 months. 15 years later i finally was able to call myself a californian again. aand i still can't get taquitos. i have to buy the frozen ones and make them myself. at least that's better than none at all like in ohio!! at least i finally earned a degree there:D

mmmm foooood....
I would kill for the opportunity to go to a "goody's" fast food place....the best fast food chain in the world :D

racer -- nice location he he -- at least you are warmer than jadey and scott :D

Ed -- whats with all teh acronyms ?:confused:

sorry, lost my sense of where i was - RacerX should know them all but for those who need a translator-

SDSU - SanDiego State University
UCSD - University of Calif. at San Diego
OB- Ocean Beach
MB - Mission Beach
PB -Pacific Beach.
(btw, geographically these last 3 would be just south of La Jolla and north of Coronado)
TJ - Tijuana

so RacerX, are you a Chargers fan? I have never lost mylove of the Boltz!! Getting to see them go to the superbowl in my lifetime was cool!!:p too bad we lost. i have a sweat shirt from the game with both teams on it. up here i can wear it and nobody realizes who i was rooting for. of course i am developing an appreciation of the 'niners. went to see the chargers play them in exhibition 2 yrs ago. And i will always call it The Murph!!!

Still love the Chargers, though I haven't followed football that closely since Bobby Ross left. And I'm a big fan of the Padres (my father had season ticket when I was growing up) and I was lucky enough to see the one World Series Game that they won back in 1984. I do know Dan Fouts (his daughter went to the same ballet school as my sister back in the 80's), seems like a nice guy though I don't remember watching him play that much (before my interest in football).

Funny thing about UCSD is that on all my papers I would put University of California, La Jolla. Having been born on campus (Scripps Hospital), when ever anyone would ask me "where are you from" I would just point and say "over there", when they would come back with "no, no, originally" I would again point and say "over there" :D . My ex-wife thought that I was the product of an experiment from the 60's at UCSD, and that was why they felt obligated to take me in (because it sure wasn't my grades that got me in :rolleyes: ).

Dan Fouts and Air Coryell were what revitalized my interest in football. I still think they were the best chargers team ever and shold have gone on to win the super bowl a couple of times. but teams from SD don't stand much of a chance in the coldest game ever played!! I love listening to Dan on monday nite football. Dave Winfield once came to a party at my house but i had already passed out and missed him. i probably wouldn't have made much of an impression at that point anyway:p

your ucsd story is funny. i wonder what kind of experiment you were? :D

so i will ask you the question that everybody in the midwest asks - are you a surfer? :rolleyes:

You would think so, growing up in the Cays across the street from the beach. I body surf, but not the board kind :( . When I would come home early from school, my Dad and I would go sailing quite often. That was before I met my first wife though :D .

hey, me too. i was way too uncoordinated to get the hang of standing up on a board:p i used to love to go out body surfing in the middle of the nite. i only found one buddy who would hang with me doing that. all the rest would go back in after i would inevitably start making shark jokes.:D i've done some sailing. enough to earn my boyscout merit badge. i feel comfortable in a small sailboat but i wouldn't want to be out on the ocean in one. actully i guess i was on the ocean in one. most of my learning was on the east side of catalina which is pretty calm.

ah, boyhood memories.

so how do you answer that other midwestern classic question - why would you leave calif. and come here?:rolleyes:

You were a boyscout ? :eek:
I would have never imagined :p

I havent ever surfed -- I spent my childhood playing soccer (which rocks btw) -- swimming in the summers, and playing with Amigas and Amstrads, and of course listening to the kind music I am listening to now he he.

Hmmm man I havent grown up yet :eek:
I do the exact same things ;-)

So gentlemen how is mexico ? Mexico or Spain for a good vacation ? :p

Back