Design the new icon for the chat client contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by edX
ok, vague idea i've got going here. i'll throw it out and see if anybody can do anything with it. how about something using the blue X and the jag X. somehow overlapped or communicating or superimposed upon each other with something else worked in

Ed,

Here's what I came up with:

xchaticon3.jpg

very cool BBB. i think that fits my vague conceptualization proetty well. the red might be a little much again, but one thing is that it seems to keep some recognition at the smaller size which is something several of our attempts have struggled with i think.

of course i always almost always like my own ideas ( :D ) so maybe someone else's perspective would help as well.

i know that im not a contributing memeber of these forums. i am relatively new. i have lurked in the corners reading, but have yet to really get involved. but i thought i would add my input. or rather, my feeble attempt at an icon. i think the white of the letters will be hard to read on the dock. anyways. everyones icons are looking pretty cool :)
chatIcon01.jpg

xyle, not bad for a lurker :D

actually i like it alot. i do wonder about the contrast as well. but looking at it gave me another idea - maybe you could try it and see what it looks like. i'm seeing the whole thing turned up and down and the smiley face above the X, which would then be sideways and resemble the crossed bones on the jolly roger. perhaps it would be better suited to iswipe than our chat client, but it might look pretty cool anyway.

i'll just say again, everybody is doing great stuff. please keep it up :)

OK I lost the transparency and borrowed the color scheme from the forum page for the chat bubbles:

XchatIconV5.jpg

V4.1

And although I agree with Ed that his crossbones idea is better suited for iSwipe, I had to make it anyway—LOL:

jollyXflag.jpg

wow, i'm totally impressed BBB!! those both look great. i definitly have my personal favorite so far in the site theme colored X version. and actually putting the 'skull & crossbones' idea on a flag was a touch of minor brillance. :)

Ed-
Any chance you can tell me the RGB values for "brown" used on the forum page? My brown is a little off, needs more red ...

----------

xyle_one-
I agree, Kevin Smith is 1 funny MF!

sorry BBB, maybe scottw can answer that. i took a look and couldn't figure out what he calls the current style nor which colors apply to which things. This is still one area of the site that he has total control over and i know nothing about. i think it looks good as is anyway.

Don't sweat it, I'll just tweak it by eye a little, I just thought if you had the info I may as well get it.

Thanks Macko, i just realized I could view the source code for the page and it's all right there, but you beat me to it!

OK-

Tweaked the brown and now even I am happy with it. I included a 32x32 version too so you could see it at its smallest:

XchatIconV6.jpg

V4.2

Okay, here is my little contribution, it can be improved somehow. :p

If you have any ideas for this just let me know and I'll do it or I can send you or attach a PSD file so you can do it by yourself... :D

Attachments

• xicon01.jpg
    xicon01.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 38
hey ricky, you know you can use img code and put it directly in your post once you put it in the gallery, right?

btw - i like it. good job.

All you guys have done a really great job on the icons .. I'm impressed (mostly because I have no talent and couldn't make anything to close to what you have). However, my vote must go with bigbadbill's icon.

I just downloaded the chat app today, do any of you actually go in there and talk? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back