DeXtop - themes, icons, & desktops

We should collaborate on a site design. :rolleyes: Androo's gone through three different layouts and I dislike them all.

sure.... we'll talk about it on ichat.
For now its time for some DeXtop news. I am making a theme, and arden is going to help me out (yay). i have already made a whole bunch of it, I just need a few more things to put into it.
Test it out, i've tested it and it works perfectly on 10.2.6 :) its stable and all, try it out :) :) :)

and heres a pic of it:
http://penguinn.com/androo/picture-3.jpg
but i have updated it since that pic, check it out, requires duality or themechanger to install:

DeXtop
Ice11 Theme
v0.2, 600 KB
http://penguinn.com/ice11.sit

Ooh, I kind of like that theme. Nice and smooth. :)

You know how to make rounded, antialiased corners, right?

that's something i need to fix up a bit lol. Its to do with masks..... i have to show the area that is shown, and the area i dont want shown. The area i want shown is white, the dont show area is black. But i'll fix that for v0.3 of this theme. But actually i think the rounded corners look okay.... :)
Take a look, it shouldn't hurt your OS (I dont think it works on 10.3)

I just use a quick mask with the rounded rectangle tool in Photoshop, works pretty well. :)

So what am I assigned to?

well... i have a new idea for the site. This time no one will have a problem with it. You know how you have that Plastic Aqua Panther look in your avatar? could you please aply it to this image?

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    451 bytes · Views: 19
DeXtop News:
I have fixed up the theme :)
Now I must add in the awesome cubes that Arden has made, and of course i need a desktop, which some supposedly made, but i dont believe them because this person has been avoiding showing me. Or maybe we should keep the current one....
Ricky, how about that plastic ? :)

Augh! Attack of the fallen skater! Androo, your avatar is bugging me.

Simply create a path that curves the same way Aqua widgets do in Panther. It shouldn't be hard if you know how to use the Pen tools.

Well, I made your plastic, Androo... I dunno, it just doesn't look right..

It looks like it needs some content. And I think the gloss is a bit much, but you can turn down the opacity in the attached PSD (Which is what I recommend you do).

Sorry about the bad Aqua... It's late, I'm tired... Probably just a bad design day. I'll get into the swing of things again soon, I hope.

Attachments

• image.sit
    15.2 KB · Views: 13
Wow, IE didn't like your .sit file, Ricky! First, it didn't know how to handle it, so I said, Open in Stuffit Expander; then it came up as an Explorer document, which I double clicked, and then it unstuffed. Then, when I opened it, it said there was something wrong with Layer 5. Besides that, though, it looks alright.

Do you guys prefer the old Aqua widget style, or the new one? I personally prefer the old style.

Safari loves it :)
Blame microsoft! Not ricky lol, microsoft is to blame.

DeXtop News:
Ice11 has reached version 0.6! There are widgets that look like graphite, but actually aren't..... they use colors that Arden made for other cube widgets... but unfortunately the cubes didnt work out in the theme.... they didnt really go with it. So i just edited the regular widgets and used the colors from the ice cubes that Arden made.
When the mouse isn't on the widgets it looks like this:

Attachments

• regular.jpg
    regular.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
But when the mouse is ON the widgets it looks like what the attached image looks like. I will also give you a link to Ice 11 v0.6! It will be hosted on my server so you get a nice speedy download (the .sit wont fit on macosx.com it's over 100 KB. Way over 100 KB, its like a few megs :)).

Ice 11 v0.6
Stuffed Format (.sit)
650 KB
http://penguinn.com/ice11.sit

Requirements:
OS X 10.2.6

Duality 3.1 (not 4 GT, that can mess up your computer). Get duality here:

http://www.conundrumsoft.com/Download/DualityInstaller.dmg.gz

And to see what happens when your mouse goes on the widgets look here:
http://penguinn.com/tut/onmouse.jpg

Well, i'm almost done the theme... I might release v1.0 tomorro... just gotta fix a few appearance bugs, nothing big. Then i'll have to start working on it again once 10.2.7 comes out, or maybe i'll just skip that and start making the one for panther.......

I can't seem to download Duality, the site isn't responding... How can i change to this theme, via ThemeChanger 0.5?!

Love the theme, very nice! Couple of things that need work tho:

applemenu.jpg

^^ The highlight on that, obviously. I don't like the apple logo either. Prefer it to be a regular sized apple... Maybe the colour of the window widgets?

Speaking of the Window widgets, when a document is unsaved, the mouse-over does this:

widget.jpg

...Personally, i don't like the colour widgets in this theme, any chance you can drop them, for some other mouse over effect? maybe just lightened widgets or something?

Besides that, it seems fine ... I'll keep my eyes peeled! ;)

Back