Digital Pictures [has example pictures - 56k modem warning]

One word, compress those images, I'm on DSL (damn i miss my T3 connection) and it took a bit too long. I would stick with 800X600, at about 40 to 50 compression.

Those are some great images, and man did those images eat up my free ram. That last one your dad took, you and your girl?

In general, go with the smaller size for Web use.

Those are some awesome pics, Nick! Although, why did you blur your girlfriend's face out, is she hiding from the mob or something? I can understand if she doesn't want to be on the Internet, but it really subtracts from the beauty of the picture.

yeah she didnt want to be on the internet sooo, im familiar with web sizes and stuff, but i also dont want to detract to much from the pictures as well, it is a tough middle ground to find, ill prob go to 800x600

I understand her reasons, but compression is the key for those images, you had them virtually uncompressed. I also think you need to start watermarking your images, just as a practice to get use to doing. Even if people can creatively crop them, do it anyway, you never know who's watching, might lead to something.

If you ever go up to Niagara Falls before the snow hits, you could take the pic for the panorama, basically a joint project. i'll stitch them together and I'll send you a VR you can use for your portfolio as the photographer and me as the New media designer/ image manipulation, since I will need to edit a few dozen people out.

thanks thats a good idea with the watermark, what kinda pictures would you need of the falls, like on the falls at intervals apart or just sorta all over the place?

A watermark is a transparent image/logo that identifies a image to a particular company or group. or you could have a byline with copyright information. Look at the images at... Getty

If you have a tripod, take about 30 images, turning 360 degrees. Try to center a point, turn and make sure that point is at the edge of the next shot. Keep doing this till you reach the start. If you have a large compact flash card and battery power, take a couple extra shots. that way when i edit, i have images to chose from when making the composition.

Photoshop has a watermark feature built right in, though they're easy to make.

Elektro, how old are you?

I never used the PS method, I think it is better, because it embeds data into the file, which it checks for, if found, the file won't open or something i believe.

hahah, no none of those but it would be cool if Bill Bellamy was ;)

http://www.buffalobills.com/

I live outside the city which is nice, but the city could be nice with some improvements. One thing that sucks is the lack of jobs esp. in a tech. field

Can you think of any more famous Bills? That was all I could think of.

Currently, the job markets sucks ass. It may be accentuated in Buffalo, but that's just the state of our economy talking. The only job I was able to get was the easiest one in town to get, besides my knowing the general manager very well. But with some experience under my belt, I may be able to secure a better job soon.

Back