Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse

Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by googolplex

I'm this (-----) close :))) to getting a girlfriend but the only problem is that the girl that I'm dying for is well.... occupied.

That's my problem too. :(

Yep, same here but I've pretty much given up for a bit... someday, it'll be someone else...oh, well :p

Like voice-, I seem to always find the right girl but she never agrees with me (I guess she's not the right girl then, right? :))

Hmm that was pretty obvious admiral. :D

I'm this (-----) close :))) to getting a girlfriend but the only problem is that the girl that I'm dying for is well.... occupied.

Isn't that ALWAYS the case ? :p lol ;)

I don't think it can ALWAYS be the case because aren't there like 1.2 girls to every guy born? :)

Of course, it always seems like that AK :p

googleplex is correct, .2 is barelly an option...what is that ? a leg? maybe part of a shoulder :p :p :p hehehehe.

well its not like that but it seems that way.
but remember, there are consequences to love...love hurts :p

I'm currently running Wife X v4.2 and Daughter 2000 v0.9. Another dog is currently in beta but the household is running three versions of catd:D

Our current dog needs an upgrade and is not licenced (she's shareware, don't ask for a copy)

I need mor RAM. My past uses too much memory and my HD is almost full. Perhaps a reboot would help. Hey, how do I do that? I forgot the password to my life!

/Björn

OK! Its time to go seek the advise of strangers on the internet.:D

To prove someone wrong, all I need for you to do for me... if you can. Tell me when a normal person can tell when its time to ask that special someone out. You know the story... boy likes girl... boy thinks girl likes him... boy wants to know when the right time to ask girl out. So, with the trust and friendship that I can find here among the members here... what do you believe.

If you choose to shrug this off... please for more than welcome to... I hate to change your subject. But if you wouldnt mind taking the time. Thanks!

lol well i guess it depends on what you get mr. fluffy...

lessthanmighty, just go for it. You don't have anything to lose. If she says no then move on, if she says yes then thats great!

Hmmmm....
well while we are telling each other about OSes.... I am mutliboot :p

I have Foreign_girl_in_foreign_land v4.0 who I dont really want to run but she keeps want to boot up my system,

and I have co_worker v1.0 that I find raelly interested experimenting on, she insists on booting up though at times I dont want to boot up :p

Admiral

lol!

Well I have relationshipWithTakenFriend 0.6beta. It has a tendancy to crash and burn when confilicting software is run.

Those betas are actually alpha software which is prone to frequent crashing and possibly firmware damaging! be mindful of your hardware! ;)

Yes I know, I have to tread carefully. Don't perform any operations which might cause it to crash. Its like Microsoft software.

Originally posted by voice-
Googol, how come 0.2 girl is bad when 0.2 browser is good? Make up your mind.

To earn greater insights in this, you need to look in to another deep, serious and highly techical discussion in the thread "Two funny (but unrelated) proofs". There is a watertight proof of that, as you will find out, Girls are at least in some degree evil (the discussion is not about IF girls are evil, but rather the degree of evilness). Based on all this, even a very small fraction of a girl is worse than a small fraction of a browser.

/Björn

Originally posted by ksuther[/I]
I don't think it can ALWAYS be the case because aren't there like 1.2 girls to every guy born? :)

Uh, no. Statistically, 51% of all babies born are males, and 49% are females. So guys actually outnumber girls. Of course, nature makes up for this by making a guy's lifespan less. Ah, well.

lessthanmighty, just go for it. You don't have anything to lose. If she says no then move on, if she says yes then thats great!

I dunno. You have a lot to lose. If she says no, you feel really depressed, you go for two or three weeks feeling like you're really lonely and you also feel like you have nothing to live for. Even after that, you probably think about her a week or two later and fantasize about how the relationship could have been. Then you realize it's never gonna happen and then you get depressed for another two or three weeks. And after that, you feel totally uncomfortable around her and don't know how to act at all any more, which is compounded by the fact that you feel like a total idiot for thinking that she might have been interested in you. Gradually you think about her less and less, but there's always those times when you think about her and you feel exactly like the day she said no to you.

Oh, and if it's the first girl you've ever been in love with, then multiply the lengths of time by two.

Another side effect is the fact that whenever you see her spend some time with some other guy, you immediately start to get jealous/angry at that person. No matter if he's a friend or no matter if you just saw them doing something together once, you just immediately start to feel jealous/angry inside even though you really don't have a reason to.

You basically never get over it, especially the first one.

Such is my experience, anyway. Of course, if she says yes, you'll probably melt and feel very happy and satisfied as long as you two are together; however, I can't say I speak from experience in this latter case.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do it, but you probably shouldn't just ask her right away. Sometimes you get blinded by your own emotions and your own hopes that you think it's going to work out perfectly, while it could be that she just wants to be a friend.

Originally posted by Lessthanmighty
Tell me when a normal person can tell when its time to ask that special someone out. You know the story... boy likes girl... boy thinks girl likes him... boy wants to know when the right time to ask girl out. So, with the trust and friendship that I can find here among the members here... what do you believe.

In my limited experience - never. You never do figure out when the right time is. Either you
  • screw up your courage and ask, sure it's too early and you'll fail, and get "Well, I thought you'd never ask."
  • figure it's been far too long already, ask, and find out another week or two might just have done it.
  • leave it too late, and see someone else ask and be accepted.

I believe it's something to do with Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle - that you can never both be sure of the right moment to ask someone out, and still have a chance. It's always a leap of faith.

And to answer the poll question, our wedding is in July.

Back