Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse

Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Has a G4, loves playing the game Deus Ex and loves football (soccer!!), and likes to punch me a lot! How cool is she!!?;) And she's from Brazil, visiting the family is nice as well!

If you never take the chance then you will be waiting for your whole life.

And 0.2 of a browser is different from 0.2 of a person :D

Married. Kids.

and speaking of 0.2 browsers, hoser, I can't DL chimera for days. You got me hooked.

Wanna email it to me?

Originally posted by googolplex
If you never take the chance then you will be waiting for your whole life.

Of course. But I'm just trying to say that everything is not hunky-dory and you don't immediately move on if she says no – you basically lose at least a few days of your life dealing with it. I'm just trying to show that you really want to make sure that there's a chance rather than jumping right into it, because you do have something to lose. Of course, like scruffy said, you'll probably never know when is the best time.

Heh, it's funny that human beings put themselves through this kind of stuff.

Yes things would be much easier if people just said their feelings :).

But you have to take a chance, and it might hurt for a bit, but if you never take a chance on it then you will just be sitting waiting for the other person to take a chance.

OK, it will hurt a lot for a long time. But would you rather just wait in agony for all that time? You have to look at the pros and cons and see which are more. And in this situation the pros combined with the chance of more pros outweigh the cons.

Yes, it might hurt a lot. But imagine you wait and wait and wait, and someone else comes along, and all you can think about is: "Damn, this could be me..."

And it really doesn't matter if she says No or if you never ask:
Seeing her with another guy always hurts.

why wait is my question :p
I mean we are not immortal and every second counts :p ... just take the leap is what I say ;) -- that is my current philosphy, before I would toil over it and think it over -- now I smartened up :p

*sigh* Yeah, I guess you guys are right.

I guess I'm just overly pessimistic about love since I've basically just come out of one of those painful experiences. And it's taken me about 2 months to get over it – and I'm still not.

I suppose you should just go for it, but it really sucks when she says no.

Originally posted by Kris
Question: Does computer-guyes go well with computer-girls?
I don't think so..

Kris
Why shouldn't they? (at least I hope they do :D )
But the computer chicks I know all don't like gaming. What is up with that?
Don't girls like to play computer games?

Originally posted by Tigger
"Why shouldn't they? (at least I hope they do :D )"
...you're probably right; I'm sure some would go well together. But maybe a UNIX-lover and Windows-lover wouldn't? ;)

"Don't girls like to play computer games?"
Of course we do! - I can't live without the calssic ones; MYST, SimCity, Prince Of Persia etc. :) But it's still more a "guy-thing". Don't know why, though.

Kris

Originally posted by kvist
(the discussion is not about IF girls are evil, but rather the degree of evilness)
/Björn
it's 39%, dont ask me how i came to this conclusion, and it is based more on IM chats than scientific research but it is accurate.

Originally posted by simX

I guess I'm just overly pessimistic about love since I've basically just come out of one of those painful experiences. And it's taken me about 2 months to get over it – and I'm still not.

It really sucks when you're agonizing over it too. The question is whether you're prepared for the opportunity that you're just trading one kind of suck for another. Don't get sick thoughts people - you know what I mean. :rolleyes:

I got broken up with after an almost two-year relationship, six months ago. For four months I thought I was over it, and then after two months I realized I wasn't. I've realized how important it is to be happy without a Significant Other.

Very.

Learn how to do that first. You'll like yourself more, and as a result other people will too.
But you have to ask sometime. Part of that is getting enough self-confidence to know that if you get turned down, it's not because you suck, and that life goes on, and you can have a damn good time anyway.

-the valrus

Originally posted by Kris
Question: Does computer-guyes go well with computer-girls?
I don't think so..
Kris

Check yer grammar, hon. Just 'cause yer a chick don't mean ya get let off easy. :D

-the valrus

Sorry about the double post, but the content of the two posts wasn't really suitable for concatenation.

Originally posted by mrfluffy

it's 39%, dont ask me how i came to this conclusion, and it is based more on IM chats than scientific research but it is accurate.

No, it's not.

Originally posted by simX

simX it gets better the more you are surrounded by it :p --- the hurt never goes away, it exists , but you can get over it sooner in later experiences. BEsides the only way to know if you fail or succeed is to actually go ahead and try it, grab that bull by the horns and bring em to his feet :p

Back