Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse

Do you have a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Valrus may be made of dumb, but he was very smart when he wrote this...
I've realized how important it is to be happy without a Significant Other.

Very.

Learn how to do that first. You'll like yourself more, and as a result other people will too.
But you have to ask sometime. Part of that is getting enough self-confidence to know that if you get turned down, it's not because you suck, and that life goes on, and you can have a damn good time anyway.

as counterintuitive as it might sound, the best way to be happy in a relationship is to be happy with yourself without one. Once you have learned to accept and love yourself, you will much better equipped to accept and love someone else. and you will be much more lovable. Do it for yourself and someone else will be attracted to it.
:)

Originally posted by mrfluffy
i will have a chance of a possibility of maybe having a girlfriend, when i stop being a pussy and ask (probably when OS XX is released)
Yeah.

I hope you don't need to wait for OS XXX.

Three cheers for bein' out's the closet. 11 years, right on. May your relationship be long and homophobe-free (wishful thinking, I know). :p

Ed - Thanks. It took more than a little pain to get me to this mindset, and it's nice to have it validated by someone older and, by all appearances, wiser than myself. :D

-the valrus

Originally posted by kvist
...I need mor RAM. My past uses too much memory and my HD is almost full...
lol!

I can relate, except I'm old enough that I only shipped with 16kb (sic) RAM... and they are soldered on the motherboard, and thus not upgradeable.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

as counterintuitive as it might sound, the best way to be happy in a relationship is to be happy with yourself without one. Once you have learned to accept and love yourself, you will much better equipped to accept and love someone else. and you will be much more lovable. Do it for yourself and someone else will be attracted to it.
:)

Heh, I guess it's good advice. It's just hard to get over it and be in this mindset.

*sigh*

"... a turtle dove bes-iiiide me, that's all I ask of life!"

Simone, it is hard to do at first. but the first day that you do something without wishing you had someone else to do it with, you are on your way. Think of things that you enjoy as your special gifts to yourself. eventually someone else will want a present to. and by then, you will probably insist that they be able to enjoy something of their own as well. Trying to make someone else responsible for your happiness is an ever losing situation. Sharing mutual happiness is an ever expanding positive experience. Life should never be about what you don't have or what you lost, it should be about what you have and finding more.

i know this sounds a bit like the glass that has 50% liquid in it, but that is because that subtle shift in perception is a big help in finding your own happiness.

valrus - i may be older, but since i didn't figure this out till my mid thirties, i would guess you are the wiser:D

Originally posted by TommyWillB
lol!

I can relate, except I'm old enough that I only shipped with 16kb (sic) RAM... and they are soldered on the motherboard, and thus not upgradeable.

But that might be solved using VM.:p Or upgrading the motherboard. Does a female person have more or less RAM than a male?

When I went to school here in Sweden (highschool), we had a brand new computer system with 16 terminals an an office to house the computer itself. I don't remember the amount of RAM, but I do remember us having to write small basic programs printing our names and stuff, and all I wanted to do was cool computer graphics. Later I found out that this wasn't possible on these terminals. At the same time I had a friend who owned his own VIC 64! That was something!

/Björn

what? more ram ? :p
nein nein nein nein!!!!!!! (very emphatic).
well more RAM is good, but not for storing the past relatinships :p. I am like java ;) Dynamic garbage disposal, lol :p, but unlike java, I run much faster :p

Originally posted by googolplex
lol I like that analogy. If you're java then I dunno what I am. Hopefully I'm cocoa ;D
Ha ha!

go forward 2
stop
turn left
Go foward 3
stop

What was the language called... Logo?

Ahhh logo. I remember that. With the little turtle.... :). For one of my computer assignments we had to recreate logo.... its really very simple.

well I am java cause I can run on a lot of hardware no matter on where the manufacturing takes place (europe, america, asia) or whatever kind of processor they use (and man do women run on many different processors :p -- personally I prefer the RISC model since I can understand them better hehehehe :D )

Cocoa...well you are limiting yourself to apple hardware .... well unless you take into account that there is a yellow box for windows.... but no SPARC for you :p .... and SPARC-ky mates are what keep life interesting lol :p

man this I am good with logic :D --- perhaps I should write a paper on "Computing theories, applied to women" hehehehe

Admiral

Back