Dock Icons disappear on rollover, WTF?

Pardus

Lurks: 15,289
New mac pro dual quad 2.8 running leopard. Sometimes when i move my mouse over the dock, the icons disappear when the the mouse is over them. check out the attachment. my dock is on the left and set for magnification.

anyone know whats up with this?

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 11
Have you tried to delete the Dock preferences (/Users/YourUserName/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.db & /Users/YourUsername/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist) to see if that helps?

Plus when receiving a new Mac I immediately us the included disks and do a fresh reinstall. Another thin g is there have been a lot of problems transferring old PPC stuff to a new Intel machine.

New mac pro dual quad 2.8 running leopard. Sometimes when i move my mouse over the dock, the icons disappear when the the mouse is over them. check out the attachment. my dock is on the left and set for magnification.

anyone know whats up with this?

Hi Pardus,

I've had exactly the same problem - a reboot always fixes it, but as time passes the problem always comes back!

Anyone out there who can help?

Thanks,

rimibar

Same with me. I have a new mac mini and I called apple tech support and we tried everything and nothing worked. I used DiskWarrior and it didn't work. Used applejack
and nothing. I think this is inherrent in this 10.5.7 OS.
the answer is: there is NO answer.

... tried everything and nothing worked. I used DiskWarrior and it didn't work. Used applejack
and nothing. I think this is inherrent in this 10.5.7 OS.
the answer is: there is NO answer.

You said that you tried everything?
If you create a new user account, and logout, then login in to that new user - do you still see the same problem?

...we tried everything and nothing worked.
Hehe... I love this answer. If you tried everything and nothing worked, then what else is there to do? There's nothing else to try, and nothing can fix it. You'll have to live with it, apparently.

...or, we can be less dramatic and really start drilling down and find out what the problem is. Let's try some of the following things:

1) Boot from an alternate source -- a copy of Mac OS X installed on an external drive, etc. Does it do it then?
2) Create a new user account and log in under that new user account (as mentioned previously in this thread). Does it do it then?
3) Reset your PRAM. Instructions for doing this are easily found with a Google search (or a search of this site). Does it do it then?
4) Connect your computer to a different monitor. Does it do it then?

I think this is inherrent in this 10.5.7 OS.
While it may be 10.5.7 that brought about this problem (or something that happened during the update process), this problem is most definitely not inherent to 10.5.7 -- I have a 2009 Mac mini, same as you, and am running 10.5.7 with three user accounts. None of them exhibit this problem. While that doesn't help you much, I'm just saying that not everyone is experiencing this problem, and, therefore, it is not inherent to 10.5.7.

Back