Forget the iWalk, this is what Apple is releasing (with proof)

hehe, that was my login/pass, too. hooray for security! i just think they wanted everyone to read that disclaimer.

so we shall guess the stats, eh? storage space? processor power? audio out quality? price?
i'm guessing 1 gig of storage space, as not to compete with the ipod. gonna be around $700, i'd say. possibly more depending on the stats. hopefully it will be revolutionary enough to bring back the PDA market.

I wonder if releasing this stuff at this time of night allows it to stay up longer? Maybe Apple's legal team (or whoever) is slower to react in the middle of the night (US centric view I'll admit).

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
got mine within seconds!

here ya go...

Username: iwalk5198, Password: Xv74mS2

That's mine as well! Weird. They must all be the same.

bling bling: Created by? Yours truly. ;)

I'm not into guessing the stats for the iWalk, because I'm still kinda skeptical even though those shots look SO DAMN REAL. But if Apple released their PDA at $799, that would be suicidal, even if it was a revolution. It's going to be like the iPod... they'll probably price it at something like $499, or maybe even $399 like the iPod. But I'll guess it won't have nearly as much storage space as the iPod, like someone mentioned.

oooohhh, i just had an exciting thought. i completely overlooked that audio in capability. imagine walking around, talking to your iWalk. maybe even doubling as a cell phone of sorts? oooooo, i'm all giddy now! i love talking to my mac! i'm probably the only one who uses voice recognition with OSX, hehe. it impresses /everyone/.

Originally posted by vanguard
I wonder if releasing this stuff at this time of night allows it to stay up longer? Maybe Apple's legal team (or whoever) is slower to react in the middle of the night ...
That was my thought exactly.

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
this is the most exciting and fastest growing thread on the board!

No kidding. It's beats the heck out of the "yep" thread. :)

I'll add some observations.

I only see a firewire port so I'm guessing it's going to be mac only like the iPod.

I see a headphone and a microphone jack. That implies that it plays music and *maybe* voice recognition.

It looks too thin to have a hard drive so I think we can guess that it has 64 or 128 mb of storage. (Maybe somebody in touch with non-volitile ram sizes can chime in here) Those guesses are at the high end of the range because much lower would be crap for music and/or recordings and Apple doesn't make crap.

{wet blanket mode}It's too big to fit in my pocket with my cell phone so I'm not sure I'd buy it. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see Apple pitch it.{/wet blanket mode}

Hahahahahaha.

I've got a new MacAddict thingy: "You know you're a MacAddict when your favorite web forum turns into a chat room the week before MacWorld."

well i gotta go to bed... i have school in 6 hours... i gotta get some sleep in... (it's 1:17 AM in Ohio right now)

if anyone has AIM or AOL, if anything major happens (i mean like tons more photos or videos...) don't hesitate to IM me... my AIM is BlingBling30012... i'll have an away message, but the noise will wake me up easily...

good nite

Well my father just got an iPaq PDA, and it looks about the same size as one of those. I would personally trade in my Palm III for one, I just hope it doesn't require X (I'm sure it will). Of course, I'm speaking hypothetically.

Originally posted by themacko
Well my father just got an iPaq PDA, and it looks about the same size as one of those. I would personally trade in my Palm III for one, I just hope it doesn't require X (I'm sure it will). Of course, I'm speaking hypothetically.

No. Apple knows that it still has a solid Classic Mac OS customer base because not all major apps have been ported to Mac OS X. Apple KNOWS it would be a fallacy to not release Mac OS 9 support. However, I sincerely believe they will not have PC support, just like the iPod didn't. And I'm glad. Because, frankly, those PC users can go f*** themselves for getting such a crappy computer!

*hyperventilate* *hyperventilate* *breeeeathe* *exhaaale* *breeeathe*

Originally posted by simX

However, I sincerely believe they will not have PC support, just like the iPod didn't. And I'm glad. Because, frankly, those PC users can go f*** themselves for getting such a crappy computer!

I've given this a little thought and I think supporting a PC might be a good idea. A lot of people seem to agree that handhelds, phones, converged little devices, etc. are the *next big thing*. If Apple reaches a broad audience in this new space they might be able to bring them into the Apple fold.

Microsoft does something similar. You can use any email client with Exchange server buuuut, nothing works quite as well as msft products. You can use use any email client with Windows CE buuuut, nothing works quite as well as Outlook. (I wish I could come up with non-email examples but I'm tired right now.)

Anyway, Apple could do the same. I can see them saying something like, "Sure, the iPod works with Windows buuuut, it's best with iTunes." Same thing for the iWalk.

Anyway, that's one man's opinion.

Vanguard

PS As for my prediction, I agree, I bet it's mac only. However, that's not what I would do.

can't believe we've gotten this far and no one has brought up the idea that the ipod might also be a sort of external drive for the iwalk. makes sense to me. this would take care of the less memory deal.

"everything is connected"

- old native american spiritual belief

If you check the sayhello.mov the text
is doctored on top of the device.

I saw it before they made the jump to spymac.com
here they are...
http://www.interfacestudio.net/iwalk/movies/

The guy is writing, and the motion of his hand
against the iWalk moves the device, but the
text "say hello..." remains still.

No motion tracking : )

Back