Former VP Al Gore on Apple board of directors

Originally posted by ScottW
Hmm... Bill Gates or Al Gore...

One makes lots of money, one spends lots of money...

Hmmm..... tough decision.

There you go mistaking Bush for Gore. Remember that Bush is the one who is for big government and spending money which isn't there. Must be all that good business sense that he and Cheney are applying to the government...

:rolleyes:

How are those companies of theirs doing again?

How is the fact we are kicking ass in Iraq, or will be very soon?

Yep, last I checked... they took the highest bidder for a army. Something I wouldn't want to skimp on for my troops.

Good to see you displaying those wonderful Christian values Scott.

Peace, love and kicking ass. Jesus would be proud. ;)

Bummer!!! I'm a former pc user that switched. My Mac is great. Al Gore on the board of directors. Almost makes me want to go back to pc's. Let's see, Al Gore, Bill Gate, Al Gore, Bill Gates...I'm traped. Sometimes life is not fair.:confused:

i think al gore seems nice.
Will he not be running for president next election? if he wins i think he should ban microsoft windows.
That was all.

This guy is pretty smart and I bet he could get more business for us.

" As a member of the U.S. Congress 25 years ago, he popularized the term “Information Superhighway,” and was instrumental in fighting for federal funds to assist in building what later became the Internet. He has remained an active leader in technology—launching a public/private effort to wire every classroom and library in America to the Internet.

Mr. Gore serves as a Senior Advisor to Google, Inc. He is also a visiting professor at the University of California Los Angeles, Fisk University and Middle Tennessee State University.

Mr. Gore received his B.A. in Government with honors from Harvard University in 1969, and attended the Vanderbilt University School of Religion and the Vanderbilt University School of Law. "

Err, I have a monkey, she's a doll. is one

Who else is on Apple's board? That is a great idea Decado, get up a petition for the next president to ban M$. Unfortunately it won't be Al. But at least we know that it will be a democrat, huh, Scott ;)

Originally posted by serpicolugnut
Everybody knows Steve Jobs runs the show at Apple. The Board there is usually just a bunch of yes men anyway...

Then I would think eco-nut-boy Gore will fit right in. Perhaps we can kidnap him and set a tall tree stump in his chair... no that wouldnt work, the stump would have more personnality, people would get suspisious.

Hey, he's a good guy, a little short on the personality thingie, but he did some good things in office. At least he could add 2 to 2 and come up with an acceptable answer. Something his predecessor never quite got the handle of. We could talk about his successor but , well we all know the company he represents.

Well for one I would hazard that Al Gore can offer his great intelligence. He may be short on sense of humour and popularly understood charisma, but he is enormously thoughtful and has a keen intellect. Sound like his bloody press secretary, don't I? But seriously, Al Gore takes a fanatical interest in complicated matters that are important to whatever position he holds. While Bill Clinton managed to attend most of his national security and foreign policy briefings he was never very interested in them, but Al Gore was and he ended up shaping a lot more of the administration's policy than a VP usually does. For this reason he earned the respect of the intelligence and defense communities. While not specifically related to the computer industry I think this all indicates that Al Gore can be a valuable addition to whatever corporate team he joins.

I find it hard to believe that the whole "I invented the internet" comment necessarily translates into intelligence. At least we know he's trying to be innovative.

I just can't believe this.

Back