GMail Invites

stupid question but does gmail support pop/imap and smtp? In other words: can I download the mails with my mail client or do I have to use the webinterface?

Zammy-Sam said:
stupid question but does gmail support pop/imap and smtp? In other words: can I download the mails with my mail client or do I have to use the webinterface?

Webmail only, for now. Pop support will come later. It's still to be determined whether it'll be free or at a "nominal cost."

And what will happen to testers like us? Will we have to pay for it - if needed - after it's released officially?

Single invite leftover from my first batch of invites.

Suprisingly, not all my friends were interested...

legacy at gmail dot com

First come, first serve...

[Taken]

I have some left as well. fruttamartorana at hotmail - it may take some time before I asnwer as that address is used exclusively for spam. :)

Doesn't seem to crash Safari 1.3 Beta. Not a once. It still hangs on 'loading...' sometimes, but not that much, and a simple reload works wonders. Gmail is a fine product - best webmail available, I think. Very clean interface, gotta love that. The Google ads are so unobstrusive that you can simply ignore them if you want to. I don't know exactly what to do with the space available, but I guess that'll come with the years... Using it for my fryke.com account(s) only, not for my personal/professional ones, since I want those to be POP3 or IMAP accounts. But for webmail, Gmail is gonna rock, quite simply, the world. It's the hitman for services like Hotmail and GMX, I believe. You'll want one...

Now back on topic: I haven't gotten any invites since I've got the account on 2004-06-21... I hope I'll get some soon. If I do, I'll write some out on macnews.net.tc for sure.

Doesn't crash in Safari 1.2.2 anymore either. They fixed it!! Also, invites are few and far between anymore.

Hey I have an extra invite. Turns out a friend sent me one, thinking I ddin't have a gmail account. The funny part is he sent it to my Gmali account :D ::ha::

Anyhow, if anyone wants it, email me->Moosiemo@gmail.com

Okay... I have 6 Gmail invites to give away... but then I was thinking, I really want to get something back from this... Has anyone ever heard of FreeiPods.com?

Well it really works...
http://www.gearlive.com/archives/2004/07/freeipodscom_is.html

Basicly, you sign up for the site, freeipods.com and then they ask you to sign up for AOL, or a credit card, or netscape, those types of things... most, if not all do not cost any money, and you can cancel at any time...

You have to get 5 people to sign up then they send you a free iPod.

so I'll give away a gmail account to anyone who signs up for something for me... All you have to do is like what I did... I signed up for AOL, I get 1000+ free hours, for 50 days, before that 50 days is over, I cancel, and I havent paid for anything...

And sign up for something... it'll tell me who signed up, but it may take 1-3 days to register that you gave me something.... so shoot me an email, let me know its coming...

This may sound like some scam, but do some research, its real. and then all you guys have to do is get 5 of your friends to join, and you'll get a free ipod too!

Thanks, Alex

Back