Grey - Gray

Your desktop preference (colour or B&W)?

• Scenic

• Abstract

• Risqué (political or whatever)

• Plain

Results are only viewable after voting.
According to my college dictionary it is 'gray' from Mid.Eng.; Old Eng. 'grag' which came from Greek 'grau'. Grey is just another spelling of gray.

I always understood that grey (gray) was the preferred background for graphic designers, as colourful styles distracted the designer from any work she or he was doing.

I always understood that grey (gray) was the preferred background for graphic designers, as colourful styles distracted the designer from any work she or he was doing.

I prefer at least some color abstraction because, when working in black and white or grayscale, a gray background can become a source of misleading contrast.

What colour do you recommend?

Sorry, just a touch late, but I was referring images, IE pieces of artwork. I dislike working against a solid color; I've found that any shade, if constant, can skew my interpretation of my work. I tend to use pictures that have a good range of color, but that are not intense and easily fall into the background (I don't like backgrounds with a lot of blue).

picture1gl0.png

Sorry, just a touch late, but I was referring images, IE pieces of artwork. I dislike working against a solid color; I've found that any shade, if constant, can skew my interpretation of my work. I tend to use pictures that have a good range of color, but that are not intense and easily fall into the background (I don't like backgrounds with a lot of blue).
I agree with you about the blue. For reasons I don't understand, I keep gravitating to the image below.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 28
Space, the final frontier. I cycle through a series of Hubble photos.

But the contents of the untitled folder are usually spread around.

Last edited:
Back