Herve's Bar & Grill

:p

I love it. In the very first post of this thread i started out by talking about the weather but nobody responded to that. Now, over 2000 posts later, weather is the hot topic.:D

The nice thing about the coast of the SF Bay area is that it has fairly consistent weather. We don't need airconditioning (ever!) and we only use heat at night for a couple of months in winter. Most of the time it is in the mid 60's to low 70's. We have pretty distinct rainy seasons and the rest is relatively dry. This is good for me because I am like those of you who don't like extreme temps. i am happiest in a 'typical' fall or spring day.

so we had rain yesterday and last night but it is exceptionally sunny and beautiful here this morning. I will probably just go sit outside and stare at my new backyard to finish my second cup of coffee today:)

btw - welcome back Alexandert. :cool:

its always easy to talk about weather, because everyone can talk about it. If I talk to someone I don't know I'll say something like "man, its hot out today" or "its really cold today" or "whats up with all this snow" or "god really had to go today"

....... ok maybe not the last one. :p

Hi!

Gimme a beer, please.

I just came back from the bottle depot with $50! Goes to show our consumption levels.

whoo hoo! i played tennis today! my first real exercise in 365 day! i need a drink! it was so hot today! very nice! i couldnt do any computer work because of the heat, my back gets sweaty against the seat. i guess it's good thing in the end.

Just so everyone knows:

xoot is under the impression that I have increased my posting drastically within the last few days. I disagree, but I think that this is something that's kind of hard to prove. Now, as I am sure most everyone is aware, the "insane poster" is back.

Since I don't want xoot to get into trouble, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. Er, my posts where my keyboard is? Whatever, you get the picture (I hope).

xoot:

I'm going to restrict my posting for the next few days. My goal is to have less than 3 new posts with my name on them by Monday (that's April 22nd for any nit pickers out there). I'm not doing this because I am angry, or upset in any way -- think of it more like a hunger strike.

I will still be in serious lurk mode, though, and PMs and emails will be answered. Not that I expect any, but just so's y'all know. :)

I am sincerely hoping that xoot will reduce the number of his posts, or at the very least his intention to post as often as possible. I also hope that no one will have to take the place of the insane poster ever again.

In addition, if anyone with Moderator or Admin status could set my post count back to 0, this would even be a greater indication of how much I mean this. Post counts are getting to be nothing more than "Mine is better than yours" contests, and I doubt that a fine place like MacOSX.com needs this kind of attitude. I really love this place, and I would hate to see it overrun by insane posters.

Thank you for your attention. I'll talk to you all on Monday. And I'm sorry I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to say this -- I definitely didn't want to start a new thread for it. :D

Originally posted by googolplex
yeah it was another beautiful day here wasn't it vic. Its suppose to cool down by the weekend though... Oh well.

that's ok, a stack of chebah will keep me warm.. and maybe some booze... mmm booze..

Originally posted by nkuvu
Just so everyone knows:

xoot is under the impression that I have increased my posting drastically within the last few days. I disagree, but I think that this is something that's kind of hard to prove. Now, as I am sure most everyone is aware, the "insane poster" is back.

Since I don't want xoot to get into trouble, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. Er, my posts where my keyboard is? Whatever, you get the picture (I hope).

xoot:

I'm going to restrict my posting for the next few days. My goal is to have less than 3 new posts with my name on them by Monday (that's April 22nd for any nit pickers out there). I'm not doing this because I am angry, or upset in any way -- think of it more like a hunger strike.

I will still be in serious lurk mode, though, and PMs and emails will be answered. Not that I expect any, but just so's y'all know. :)

I am sincerely hoping that xoot will reduce the number of his posts, or at the very least his intention to post as often as possible. I also hope that no one will have to take the place of the insane poster ever again.

In addition, if anyone with Moderator or Admin status could set my post count back to 0, this would even be a greater indication of how much I mean this. Post counts are getting to be nothing more than "Mine is better than yours" contests, and I doubt that a fine place like MacOSX.com needs this kind of attitude. I really love this place, and I would hate to see it overrun by insane posters.

Thank you for your attention. I'll talk to you all on Monday. And I'm sorry I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to say this -- I definitely didn't want to start a new thread for it. :D

if post counts dont matter than why are you ranting so much about them?

Originally posted by scott
Gimme a beer, please.
I just came back from the bottle depot with $50! Goes to show our consumption levels.

There you go, sir... I guess you can afford to tip me this time then :)

It's come to my attention that there are no drinks here that are legally acceptable to give to minors such as myself :)

If we can just have any drink in the world that's non-alcoholic :), aw hell, give me a cream soda... lol

We did have a conversation a while back about what the legal drinking age is here in Herve's, spurred on mainly by alexandert's drunken antics in the ladies toilets.

Also, I generally won't serve non-alcoholic drinks as a matter of principle. That was supposed to be ksv's job, but I've not seen him around in a while... But I'll make an exception just this once.

Yesterday was a beautiful day :D
I took the opportunity to take a small walk around the university (since we are surrounded by water, its niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice :D )

Today the weather is expected to be as nice :)
I am tired though :p --- I have HW to do, and I am laaazy to do it :p Tired of this HW routine. ALmost time for school to end ;)

Bah, enough whinning, I am going to do some work :p

Admiral

Originally posted by z4ph0d
Where's the smoker's section? (ref. my avatar)

:cool:

Over there :)
Another norwegian? Now we're four in here ;)

Ah, every day is beautiful with 16°C and sun :)

Today was the first t-shirt-use-able day in Oslo!!! And I have no work to do!! Give me a cold Coke!
(Wait.. I just drank one... whatever)

Back