Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by tismey

I also think there's a whole sub-species of women that hibernate. I'm sure there aren't that many attractive women around during the winter...

googleplex I know its destracting but I am not complaining :D --- I actually enjoy it a lot ;)

tismey, I saw many women wearing winter clothes, baggy big clothes, I saw the same girl yesterday when it was 80 degrees wearing summer clothes and OH MY GOD! she looks like a goddess :D

Admiral

what is Pepsi MAX?

and as for having Jones Soda? I see it over in the corner all by itself with it's awesome wrappers and hidden messages under the cap!

that's some good stuff, i must agree!

lol thanks ;)
I have lost count of posts :p
well lets make it to 5000 (but with meaningful posts please :p)

I am hoping for a warm day tomorrow :p
to have such a nice day and then go back to cool weather is a sin I tell ya ;)

I just burned my new mix onto CD. I am listening to it now :p -- let see how well it came out :)

Admiral

I like what you've done with the place. Can I grab a scotch, Tismey? (Does tismey still work here, or have you fired him?)

I'm doing okay, but as Ed had surmised, I am knee deep in schoolwork now. I have a business report to present on Monday that I should be doing now, but as it is a team thing and I can't find the other half of my team, well...

I just sat through a really interesting lecture about copyright law, and saw some frightening implications for using academic software. I will have to check my licenses thouroughly before writing anything saleable in Word, lest the nemisis of all Mac-kind should seek to profit from little me.

Anyway, things are tough all over, but I have a lot to be thankful for.

how much can i pay for this awesome mix? $1000? NO! $99? NO! $9.99? NO! THE LOW LOW LOW PRICE OF $.99? NO!

ALL THIS ADMIRAL GREATNESS FOR THE LOW PRICE OF...
FREE!

please? admiral? pleeeeeeease!!!!

i will host it on my site for free (my bandwidth was increased today for free! 1 GB per month!)

yo ksv - i thought you quit and didn't tell anybody. i haven't seen you serve a drink in near forever and there have been plenty of orders for them. so i just decided that if you weren't working anymore and nobody seems to have volunteered, then why not just make the low octane drinks free and self serve. If you want to go back to tending the non alchohol bar, please be my guest.

I figured the real jobs were enough for you these days. But i would love it if you stayed and worked here as well. We can slap a gate on the new bar and let you stand behind it and make them use their manners when asking if you want. or you can just hang out and let them do your work for you.:D

kvs, what's with the hostility towards Pepsi Max? I love that drink...It's not unusual for me to get 9 liters down every day in weekends...
Didn't know Ed had a machine doing your job, I haven't been here since post #1000.

Any other big news?

Originally posted by symphonix
I like what you've done with the place. Can I grab a scotch, Tismey? (Does tismey still work here, or have you fired him?)
One Scotch coming up (although the stuff you Americans call Scotch bears such little resemblance to the real thing.... :) )

Friday = Home Made Pizza Night! WooHoo!

Today seems to be a slow Mac news day, though, so it kinda sucks.. and they're calling for thunderstorms later, but I guess that's good since we're waayy behind on Rain.

Yes, we had a thunderstorm this morning at around 6. It woke me up, but I got back to sleep :p. It is kind of a slow day today, but thats alright. I'm hoping to do something interesting tonight. Any ideas?

TGIF!!!!!!!
Now I can finally watch hardware wars ;)

As for the mix, once I get the cover art done I might send it to you;)
although I am sort of disappointed, it has several rough spots:( .. oh well... we live and learn ;)

Admiral

What a beautiful day :)
I love spring :)

Today I brought my Quadra 700 for school to show my classmates how a '92 Mac can do a job better than a '99 PC. The PC in our classroom suddenly actually exploded (there was a loud bang from it, and it crashed completely, now that junk won't start at all). I connected the display that already was there to it with an adaptor and an old CD player to terminate the SCSI bus, and set the TCP/IP settings to connect via DHCP. It isn't fast, but it works great :D

OK, Pepsi Max isn't that bad, but I really prefer a cold coke with a slice of lemon and ice. Worse for the teeth, though :p

I've hired myself again, I'll handle the non-alcoholic drinks which has to be mixed in some special way, the machine can't handle that ;)
And I'll take care of maintaining the machine, too, in case anyone accidentally pours his/her drink over the electronics in it. I'm more technical than charismatic ;)

kvs: It just exploded? Who was using it? What was it trying to do, multitask? Shiez...

With Pepsi Twist out, I can't really think of mixable non-alcoholic drinks that the machine can't handle, but I'll keep on the case...

Hmm, I gotta get home, I'm at my grandparents house, and they have a Windows 98 Packard Bell...'nuff said.
Sad thing is, I made them get it. It was I who 1 1/2 years ago told them that macs blow and Windoze rules. Not that I had a fair review, it's just that I was tired of OS 9 and its crashing, and, having just got my PC I thought that its sluggish performance was because of me and could be over-looked...:(

great, ksv is back on the job!! so how about fixing me up some special drink? only thing to be sure not to pu in is coconut juice. Other than that i pretty much like all fruit juices. Slightly to the tart side would suit my tastes today:)

also glad you are going to do the maintainence on the machine. With the way googolplex and vic fight over who gets to be next, there are bound to be lots of spills in that area:D

tismey - i agree about the scotch. i hate the stuff normally. but once i had some of the real thing brought back by a GF's brother. It was so smooth and tasty i could hardly bring myself to stop. I think guilt over drinking all his good stuff was all that did it that night:p

symphonix - do tell us more about the dangers of copyright and educational software. I have lots of edu versions and would hate to find myself in some nasty situation at some point. Luckily my appleworks isn't one of them so i guess i can compose my dissertation and the great american novel without worry.:D

Originally posted by voice-
kvs: It just exploded? Who was using it? What was it trying to do, multitask? Shiez...

Note it's ksv, not kvs ;)
I wasn't at school at that time, so I'm not sure if it actually was used at all.
Hehe, I remember on my previous school, one in my class changed the trafo swith from 230v to 115v, so all the output voltages to the motherboard, HD, fans and stuff got doubled :D
We didn't have a PC in our classroom the rest of that year...
An other one in the parallell class put a pencil in the fan of a PC. "Cachuckachuckachack", and all the lights in the classroom went out :D
Pretty funny to think about how easy it really is to mess up a computer :rolleyes:

Originally posted by voice-
With Pepsi Twist out, I can't really think of mixable non-alcoholic drinks that the machine can't handle, but I'll keep on the case...

Ah? Check my recipe 150 pages back or something, it's really worth trying ;)

Back