Herve's Bar & Grill

I thought up of a new drink called the "Mac Twist" (non-alcoholic). Here is the recipe:

1. Take an iMac/iBook/Cube/Tower shaped cup
  2. Fill with these portions of fruits: (Half of a Banana, Quarter of a Kiwi, Four Grapes, One Orange slice, A Strawberry cut in half (both halves)); don't forget to skin the fruit that needs skinning
  3. Pour 1/4 cup coconut juice
  4. Pour 1/4 cup youngberry juice
  5. Pour 1/4 cup mango juice
  6. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice
  7. Repeat steps 3-6 for more cups
  8. Shake, don't stir
  9. Serve cooled
    [/list=1]

:D

I'll never forget the time when I was at the house of some people for whom my friend was dogsitting (yes, we were allowed to be there), and all they had in the fridge was Pepsi Twist. My friend took one sip and said, "This tastes like moist towlettes."

He was absolutely right.

I can't drink that stuff anymore.

-the valrus

Originally posted by googolplex
ksv, do you have a specialty? If so can I have it? :)

To destroy PCs? :p

I have a couple, but they all require a lot of ingredients and stuff you don't get other places than here. Nothing special, I'm sure there's a lot more cool juices and stuff in the US, but some special sodas, etc are only produced here. I posted one 145 pages back, actually.
But, my drinks are hard to describe exactly how to do. I hope to get a digital camera soon, then I could of course post pictures of how they look, too :)

Here's the one I posted;
-a little Urge (or Surge, as it's called in the US, you know, that coca-cola drink)
-some 7-up (or sprite)
-some millilitres of schweppes Russian and Tonic Water
-some apple juice
-some juice of another kind, preferably "transparent" (not orange, grape, etc.)
-when you've mixed all that, have something with red color that is heavier than water in the glass (e.g. something with much sugar), to make the drink look even cooler :)
Also put a slice of lemon on the glass and some berries on a coctain pin in the drink, of course ;)

The last Mac Twist was alpha, this one is beta:

2. Fill with a Quarter of a Kiwi, Four Grapes, and Half of a Strawberry; don't forget to skin the Kiwi
  3. Pour 1/2 cup youngberry juice
  4. Pour 1/2 cup cranberry juice
  5. Repeat steps 3-6 for more cups
  6. Shaken, not stirred
  7. Serve cooled
    [/list=1]

Ed I think that Educational versions of software may not be used for profit, so in essence you are paying to learn the software, so that you can use it, and then you have to buy another "full" version of the software if you intend on making money off the things you create.

e.g.: educational photoshop:
use it in class to make projects, edit images, learn how to use software in an academic environment

photoshop full: use it to make your living, in DTP or whatever :)

I am trying to make a pitch to my boss to buy me the upgrade to photoshop :p I am stuck running version 5 here!!!! :eek: lol ;)

Admiral

ksv, please don't say the number of pages back. The vBulletin lets each user say how many posts per page he/she wants...for instance, to me, this entire thread is only 117 pages long...

Originally posted by googolplex

I'm Canadian btw :)

Ah, that's right. I really knew that, but I tend to recognize people who write correct english, and who don't make very clear they're english or australian, as americans ;)

Originally posted by voice-
ksv, please don't say the number of pages back. The vBulletin lets each user say how many posts per page he/she wants...for instance, to me, this entire thread is only 117 pages long...

That's right. With the standard settings, it's page 10 :)
But I reposted the recipe on last page... uhm, eh, a couple of posts back anyway ;)

Originally posted by ksv

Ah, that's right. I really knew that, but I tend to recognize people who write correct english, and who don't make very clear they're english or australian, as americans ;)

Funny thing, Kjetil, as it's my experience that americans have the worst spelling in the world. Some can spell, and luckily, many of them are here, but all together my experience is that americans can't spell.

Originally posted by voice-

Funny thing, Kjetil, as it's my experience that americans have the worst spelling in the world. Some can spell, and luckily, many of them are here, but all together my experience is that americans can't spell.

OK, but it's easy to see on the grammar. Central europeans (and especially frenchies), are often horrible at grammar, but they spell the words corrrectly. Americans are the opposite. Norwegians often both spell and use the grammars correctly, but have a completely weird accent.

Originally posted by xoot
I thought up of a new drink called the "Mac Twist" (non-alcoholic). Here is the recipe:

2. Fill with these portions of fruits: (Half of a Banana, Quarter of a Kiwi, Four Grapes, One Orange slice, A Strawberry cut in half (both halves)); don't forget to skin the fruit that needs skinning
  3. Pour 1/4 cup coconut juice
  4. Pour 1/4 cup youngberry juice
  5. Pour 1/4 cup mango juice
  6. Pour 1/4 cup cranberry juice
  7. Repeat steps 3-6 for more cups
  8. Shake, don't stir
  9. Serve cooled
    [/list=1]

:D
  1. Then server in a 1:1 mixture with your favorite RUM! :p

...Oops. Soory. I guess it wouldn't be non-alcholic any more. ;)

Cheers!

Ok, the final recipe:

2. Fill with a Quarter of a Kiwi, Four Grapes, and Half of a Strawberry; don't forget to skin the Kiwi
3. Pour 1/2 cup youngberry juice
4. Pour 1/2 cup cranberry juice
5. Repeat steps 3-6 for more cups
6. Shaken, not stirred
7. Serve cooled

If you wanna make it alcoholic, add a step between 4 and 5: Pour 1/2 cup of your favorite rum. :D

Originally posted by xoot

A type of sour berry. You should taste some youngberry juice.

Oh, yeah, and i'd like a mac twist. :D

Are you sure it isn't some kind of an american synthetic formula called berries to make it sound natural? :D

WOOHOOOO!!! Post 500! Halfway to 1000! I can divide by two! Hehe.

I think I'm going to turn into Ed. I just spent like 7 hours today doing yardwork with my dad, unwillingly of course :p
We planted hostas (I probably spelled that wrong) and ferns all around. How boring :(

ksuther: sounds like fun!

So whats going on in the B&G this saturday night. I think I'm going to try and stop bringing sanity to the macxp.net thread....

Back