Herve's Bar & Grill

maybe a chevy lowrider? was that what you were doing, getting bouncing shocks put on? :D

at 25 years old, that should definitly be a car you can do quite a bit of work on yourself. my previous van was a 1975 dodge van and i did almost all my own work, as i did with the pinto as well. now, with even my '87 astro, i can manage a tune up and change the battery :p ok, i can do more than that, but i don't. it's just not worth it to change my own oil anymore or mess with much else than changing the headlights. on the other hand todays cars don't have to have the timing adjusted constntly nor a host of other little things that were more pain than gain.
and i must say, that i like the interiors on today's cars better than mostold ones. they're just more comfortable even if everything is plastic.

Give me a few years and i'll be riding buy you guys in my supped-up TVR T350. :D
Right after i get a job that is.

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
maybe a chevy lowrider? was that what you were doing, getting bouncing shocks put on? :D

Um... no... :p :rolleyes:

now, with even my '87 astro, i can manage a tune up and change the battery :p ok, i can do more than that, but i don't.

Same with me, especially since the operation I really can't do much myself at all for the moment. And with the quality of work the shop has been doing, It just seems worth it for them to do the repairs while I do the modifying! :D

on the other hand todays cars don't have to have the timing adjusted constntly nor a host of other little things that were more pain than gain.

Yeah but today's cars have a lot more things that can go bad on them - that one can't really fix since you'd practically need to be a rocket scientist to figure them out. :p

and i must say, that i like the interiors on today's cars better than mostold ones. they're just more comfortable even if everything is plastic.

Replace the interior on an old car - and you have the perfect car! Well, that'd be my perfect car anyway! :D

dammit! my post got edited. well that just chaps my ass! what the hell do you expect might happen when serving alcoholic beverages. the infamous "D" and "A" words might just slip out! :rolleyes: i think i shall go and shake my maraquas elsewhere! This place is a little too uptight and hypocritical for me.

Originally posted by Trip
Give me a few years and i'll be riding buy you guys in my supped-up TVR T350. :D
Right after i get a job that is.

You say that now...
But once you get a job - you'll have new responsibilities and bills to pay that it won't be as easy as you thought it was to get a car. :p

Originally posted by itanium
did the bartendress go on a bender or what? where the hell is she? this is ridiculous!

im a dancer darnit and i dont open beers with my arse!
No, but you might be removing the toe of my boot from your arse if you don't chill out.

I was in the hospital for a few days, it happens from time to time..OK? I'm sure there was someone capable like Klink or Hazmat to fetch you a beer while I was gone.

Nice to meet you.:p

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

hey klink, you and ken were having a good chat. every now and then it's good for the rest of us to shut up and listen. besides, if i'd joined in, then it would have been chit chatting. cause you know i've always got more chit to chat about :D

Exactly, and if *I* join in, they run away and don't come back for days, so I'm behind the bar hiding and eavesdropping.

Originally posted by mystique

I was in the hospital for a few days, it happens from time to time..OK? I'm sure there was someone capable like Klink or Hazmat to fetch you a beer while I was gone.

Sho' 'nuff! I pull a kick-ass pint of Guinness. I had a roommate who owned a bar, so I learned the proper way and can safely be annoyed at most bartenders who have no clue. :D

Originally posted by Tormente

Other herve's? There's more than one Herve? Scary! :D
Scary? That's one way of putting it...makes this place look like Tea Time for the Ladies Garden Club. :D

Originally posted by Tormente
Uh, Watching Wayne's World one too many? Kidding! :D
That was a Pacer, another of American Motors finer looking vehicles..ohhh, but I wanted a Pacer BAD..looked like a fish bowl. They had bad doors on them though because they had to be so large and heavy.

Ed: A GREEN GREMLIN???? OMG...that is SO you!! :D

The suspense is curling my toes Tormente. What kind of car is it? As far as I can tell, it's a '77/'78 something, not a Pinto or Gremlin. And wasn't the smog control laws in CA passed in '75, i think it was? Just missed out. Bummer.

*Klink fondly remembers the Gremlin

Heh, your's is as old as my foreign jobby. I was as lucky as you were. In NY the smog laws passed during '77. Mine was caught in the loop. I did happen to escape the nasty catalytic converter. Free flow baby!

*sticks up hand with devil finger salute* lol

Oh, hey there mysti. Didn't see you sneak in.

Originally posted by hazmat
Sho' 'nuff! I pull a kick-ass pint of Guinness. I had a roommate who owned a bar, so I learned the proper way and can safely be annoyed and most bartenders who have no clue. :D
Thank you Hazmat, I appreciate that and I KNOW that Michael would do the same. I have one more day to spend totally in bed (I have an iBook too) and then I'll be back.

Couldn't stand it without checking in and getting my two cents worth in.

And still no Ulrik. Dirty dog.

We have a special today : two for one on any drink that is red or green. Like a Grasshopper or a Cranberry-Vodka (tasty, yum) any of those pinkish daquiri's work as do Margaritas, so drink up!!!

*Klink gives the LOOK back and moves his eyes to the edit button to show mysti that he says hello*

*waves again* ;)

my favorite car is the lamborghini countach :D a little expensive, I know... perhaps I can get one by the time I'm 45 :)

lol, xaqintosh...i'm hoping to get my jeep even slower by the time i'm 45 ;) i feel the need, the need for 4-lo-speed :D

Back