Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Klink
Coming along very nicely. Heh, I like the clarification..... wool (yes, sheep wool). lol

bookmarked.

I though I had to point that out to make all you new-yorkers understand :D
Tried it out yet, btw?

My grandfather is currently working on a pair of hedlund-horns, he was obviously fascinated by the principle and started working on it once my father had shown him the plans :D

Sorry mysti, thought you were still in the shower. Hello there, hiya, ciao, hi, greetings, and salutations. :D *feeling like a bit of a wise arse*
How goes it?
Been so quiet around the corner figured I duck in this joint and see who's about.

I wish I had nice little workshop to do that kind of work, ksv. But for now, living through your adventures isn't so bad. ;)

My mother is listening to Christmas ALBUMS...you remember those vinyl things that you put on this doo-hickey called a 'turntable' and a needle goes and digs grooves in the ALBUM and plays music?

Good Grief Charlie Brown, next she'll have the
78 rpm's out.

nothing like a few crackles for the true nostalgia of xmas past. :)

i would suspect the 45's would come before the 78's though :D

Originally posted by Klink

How goes it?
Been so quiet around the corner figured I duck in this joint and see who's about.

Not quite QUIET enough, and I think you know what I mean. Someone has behaved long enough and couldn't wait to start his digs again. The jerk is not gonna rain on my parade.

It goes okay...getting b3s' packages ready to go mail, just waiting for the crowd at the Mailbox place to thin out. Who'd think there could be much of a crowd in a town of 5,000??:confused:

How's Klink the wiseass?

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

i would suspect the 45's would come before the 78's though :D

When my youngest daughter was about 6, she found a discarded 45 on the schoolyard on the way home and ran in the house all excited "Mom! Look at this HUGE CD I found!"

I laughed until I cried. She was so serious and excited.:)

That's been my vibe today, listening to some old music, transferring some CD's to this nice huge firewire drive I recently bought. Cheel-leeng, as an old brit friend use to say. :)

Ahh, the crackles and breaking out the solution and velvet block cleaner. lol

Hey, I can't listen to my old Kiss records without all the static an crackles and pops. Kiss on CD doesn't work for me at all.

I recently asked a guy I know who is a hardcore collector of records what was the best way to clean them. He has quite a few thousand. So he said Fantastic and a lint-free cloth.

Originally posted by mystique
When my youngest daughter was about 6, she found a discarded 45 on the schoolyard on the way home and ran in the house all excited "Mom! Look at this HUGE CD I found!"

OMG...that's precious...huge cd indeed.

Originally posted by mystique
The velvet block cleaner...LOL....I'd forgotten those!!!

I (ok, babe, we) may still have one of those static nylong brush thingies for cleaning albums...otoh...i don't have any LPs any more, so nothing to clean with the brush...just the brush.

I still have a bunch of LP's in a box someplace at the other house.

Honey, you need to change your avatar here to the one I made you. :D

Kiss?! lol I think Destroyer was their first record I bought.
*Remembering when the older neighborhood musician friends use to put on Kiss shows. Makeup and pyrotechnics included lol*
Wow, that must have been in the mid 70s. I was barely a teenager. *cringes*
See now I would think Fantastic would eat up and dry out the plastics.

Hey b3s. Oye! What you tossed out all your LPs man? They're not stored in the parents basement. lol

Heh, I think I still have a few of those yellow 45 inserts.

Back