Herve's Bar & Grill

heh.. how long is this converting music gonna take? 50 .. to uh 60 or 70 cds of audio.. of which half are that rare the cd database says nothing .. a pain in the apple ... :(
anyone for a drink? ;) :p

oh, and remember, even when CDDB actually gives you info, it is often wrong. for instance, the songs on miles from our home were in reverse order from CDDB :(

uh ... first the beer shot and then the pint of tequila :p ? looks again like self service here... i think i try vodka with blueberry juice...

is there such a think as blueberry juice? wow? that's gotta be expensive!

good thing there's no tab here ;)

oh, and yeah, that's a beer with tequila back...you shoot the beer and sip the tequila :)

what is maracuja? no reference to it at webtender. i assume it is some kind of berry juice or essence.

plant

maracuja_small.jpg

ah... i use just google :p

uh .... i want far less stuff to my dock!! what should i leave?? terminal .. what else? bbedit, appleworks, psh, mail, ..? :-/

dock is simple

create folders in your Documents directory with aliases to common programs. drag-n-drop the folder onto the dock

i just have chimera, mail, terminal, and iapps in the dock...everything else is in popup folders like that. i have a games, microsux, and developer folder.

and get rid of that bbedit sh*t...get the latest emacs source from savanah and compile it :)

mail, stickies, slashdock, chimera, itunes, ical, and adium all in my dock. I recommend dragthing though if you don't mind paying for it, which is why I don't use it :)

nah i like bbedit :) unless i load images i dont need even to open different ftp things... so, terminal, mail, that, ichat (or not), docs folder with all the rest ..

*argh* headache since i woke up today ... :(

emacs has everything you need...irc, html-mode, mail-mode, ftp mode (ever wonder where bbedit got the idea?), web browser :) it's an os :)

okay ... i have emacs for mac.. but i have used it only as psycho!!! hey.. teach me what can i do etc with it, i need something to learn and.. then probably put the bbedit away for now... :p

it's a lisp runtime environment with an editor attached.

C-x f : open/create file
C-x s : save buffer
C-x 2: split buffer horizontally
C-x 1 : one view
C-x 3 split buffer vertically
C-x b <buffer name> : go to a different buffer
C-x C-b <select a buffer from a window>

you can create a ~/.emacs file to control your emacs session. i have a lot of c/c++/java/xml/html stuff in mine. i also have some custom scripts for cycling through windows and buffers.

lots of good stuff on the web about emacs, but my favorite reference is the oreilly book.

Back