Herve's Bar & Grill

Geez, babe (erm, that's b3s--forgot where I was), you ARE talented...didn't know you could do quite so many things at once. :WTH:

Self-service, indeed.

the espresso machine here works like a ..... guys can you change it one day? how am i supposed to wake up with this ...? I'll bring tomorrow at least better roasted ... *hates to have the breakfast alone and goes to read the newspapers on her ibook*

b3s will you marry me? Oh wait...we already did that...

this is Mysti, Sybil's sister

I'm vying to be the next Herve

you ask ME for the english terms, Mysti? rotfl... :p

*reads her e-newspapers while having the cappuccino .. the bar seems empty*

Morning Giaguara. I'll assume the others are still sleeping.

*Klink sips his first morning espresso*

I love OmniDictionary, mysti.

From WordNet (r) 1.7:

double standard
n : an ethical or moral code that applies more strictly to one group than to another.

Originally posted by b3s
oh, and remember, even when CDDB actually gives you info, it is often wrong. for instance, the songs on miles from our home were in reverse order from CDDB :(

Damn right. More often than not the CDDB is wrong. People are so sloppy.

Just got back from a wedding in South Jersey. God-forsaken is one term for it. :eek:

Originally posted by b3s
C is CTRL or control.
M is Meta or ESC.

you can re-assign the keys if you want :) oh, and if you are using the savanah version of Emacs (i.e. the official one, but you have to compile it from CVS), then marking and copying/cutting uses the OSX clipbard.

and i forgot another couple:

C-y paste (not quite, but that is what it does)
C-k kill line (once for the text, once for the line...this goes into the clipboard, too).
C-d kill character forward

You might want to remap Control back to its proper place, where Caps Lock is. If anyone wants to know how to do it let me know. The functionality is built in to OS X.

And incidentally, for those who don't know. A lot of the command line keystrokes (which, depend on the shell) are Emacs keystrokes. ^A, ^E, ^K, etc.

I use vi. :D

Back