Herve's Bar & Grill

hundreds. hundreds. and hundreds.
and lots of promises and words and words in the past. most friends of friends have also resulted as only words, .. but if not trying, the chance of getting anything (better) is below zero.
well monster eh? (heh) like all those manpower etc. manpower italy showed a year ago it had 900 000 resumès online and 2 600 jobs available. of which probably 2 580 went to people the selectors knew. and about 900 000 got nothing.
needs work. if i can't do legally what i want where i want (=paper problems) i'll apply my rules. here i heard today something in a phone discussion in bus that made me feel :( .. so deeply how the system works. uh, how it doesnt.

physical mail sucks. the mail here has nicked since december my 512 MB slot of RAM of a tracked letter (= all tracked letter) and a packet sent to me from cupertino. argh.
i need a strong apple juice...

Originally posted by Giaguara
hundreds. hundreds. and hundreds.
and lots of promises and words and words in the past. most friends of friends have also resulted as only words, .. but if not trying, the chance of getting anything (better) is below zero.
well monster eh? (heh) like all those manpower etc. manpower italy showed a year ago it had 900 000 resumès online and 2 600 jobs available. of which probably 2 580 went to people the selectors knew. and about 900 000 got nothing.
needs work. if i can't do legally what i want where i want (=paper problems) i'll apply my rules. here i heard today something in a phone discussion in bus that made me feel :( .. so deeply how the system works. uh, how it doesnt.

never hurts to put your resume on just in case ;)

it is in monster. not just there. i guess i should lie about being licenced, otherwise no looks.. :(

Woohoo! Finally cleaned up my avatar. Photoshop Elements is really good. So far I haven't found anything that I use in Photoshop that Elements didn't have. And at $56.99 (Amazon - $26.99 if you already own some other graphics apps), it's an absolute bargain. I just ordered it yesterday. Using the 30-day trial, whose trial intro screen kills the menu bar every time. :( I'm excited to legally own it, though, so I can get updates, etc., and not worry about anything. I was so used to Photoshop, but it's too expensive for my use.

Ed, have you checked it out? Highly recommended.

well, i tried elements a long time ago and ate up my trial period in the process. that's why i've been playing with full photoshop lately. i don't think i use anything that doesn't come in elements though. Blur more, unsharp mask, and basic color and contrast controls. thanks for pointing this deal out. i checked just now and my registered copy of Photoshop LE qualifies for the $30 rebate. this deal is even cheaper than the edu discount. i'm thinking about placing an order before the nite is out.

Cool, Ed. You checked out Elements 1 or 2? 2 is very much like Photoshop. In fact, so much that I took right to it. Little things here and there are different, but you can quickly make it behave just like Photoshop again.

i'm looking at 2.
1 is for classic isn't it?
either way, i want the latest and best. although this deal makes me wonder if 2.5 or 3 is on the way soon. doesn't really matter if it works and does what i need. although if elements has the same nasty memory management problems that full PS has, and a new version would correct that, that would almost be worth paying more for.

Looks like I kinda, sorta forgot to renew my domain name... Stupid me! :mad:

I SWEAR I went through the process months ago, but since yesterday I stoped getting email through my domain - what clued me in was that I ALWAYS get email, at least from here from threads I'm subscribed to...

But had no idea it was the domain that had expired - I thought the mail server was throwing up a hairball. :p

I re-registered it, and now there's nothing to do but waiting for DNS to re-recognize it... I hate this part of it!

I feel like Homer now... DOH!!! :D

Since we're kinda on the subject, does anyone know how to get my router to automatically connect to my computer for FTP? I set up a DNS server with dyndns.org, but DNSUpdate sends 192.169.0.101, the IP my router gives me, to the server. So I can connect to it, but no one else can.

Back