Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Ricky
What I'd really like to do is visit another country. :) That would be great. I want to experience other cultures. I did actually visit British Columbia briefly, once (Went to a zoo and that's it), but I didn't find it much more different than the U.S...

You didn't spend enough time there. Vancouver is one of my favorite cities in the world. The differences are more subtle than if you went to Mexico but there's no doubt that Canada is uniquely Canada not just a bootlegged copy of the US.

Originally posted by Androo
Arent pretzels made from ham?

Hmmm, I bought one at Costco today and it was pork free, at least as far as I could tell.

Here is a link to an article with the following:

Somewhere straddling the border of northern Italy or southern France, pretzels were invented by an ambitious monk baking unleavened bread for the Christian Lent. Possibly out of boredom, he made some little shapes with leftover bread dough. Because Christians in those days prayed with their hands crossed over their chests, he tried shaping the dough to mimic that action. They were baked to a soft bread consistency and given as a treat to children that memorized their prayers. The monk named his new treat 'pretiola' - a Latin word meaning 'little reward'.

DAMN!!!
I totally forgot about BOTH the Apple Store Event _AND_ X2!
What can I say - I've been in bed sick today. :(

Originally posted by Giaguara
Cya guys! I'm heading to the Apple Store to see the event!!! :D ;) :)

Hi Sogni!!! Nice to see you here!! :)

I wish I had bought more than one shirt from there.. Wohoo! It was kool... so I actually passed in two apple stores...

Originally posted by Androo
I think someone just said that... that someone being YOU!
I said that just a sec ago too!
Like my avatar? I made it... i sneaked it in here, as silent as a cat. As cat as a silent. Recent studies show that i made it in photoshop 7, using a technique called pixelart....
THATS AN AWESOME STORY ABOUT THE PRETZEL! i'll never look at them the same way again.... now i shall look at them with my left eye! MWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH!
Are you sure this beer is nonalcoholic?

Originally posted by Giaguara
Hi Sogni!!! Nice to see you here!! :)

I wish I had bought more than one shirt from there.. Wohoo! It was kool... so I actually passed in two apple stores...

Tnx...
Altho I'm not really here anymore... :p

I want a shirt! :(

I can't find my apple stickers!!! :(
I have one on my Apple Monitor, another got seriously trashed, and I got two more from someone else - and I can't find them! ACK! :p :(

Hmmm... gotta get myself to the Mall and have 'em cut a few stikers for me. :D

Originally posted by JohnnyV
Seek Help Please.
i need no help!
ahhh a shark help!!!! AHHH!!!!!
Giaguara, what EVENT was this? Me in my little town (meaning HUGE CITY!), we kno nothing about apple stores. We only kno about little Apple Dealers. The rest of the apple world is unknown to us. This repeats. Over and Over again.

Androo... those needles are full of heroin... stop jabbing them into your arm!

Sogni: I'm sorry about your stickers. However, I thought it'd be interesting to share... I have an Apple sticker on one of my drums, and a Vic Firth (they make sticks) sticker on my iMac (one on a drum too, but that's not the point).

the Store Event was to release the new iPods and the music services. they had djs etc, and a lot of people, mac users from 4 to 70 years... i was expecting for people from 15 to 35 but was lucky to see them of all the age range in those 2 Stores i went to.

i know where Ed's been.. :)

i know where Ed's been

please tell me so i'll know too. :)

(mostly working - been getting shifts at the hospital and the yard keeps looking better and better. my english neighbor says it's looking like it deserves the title of garden)

Well, i was frankly a bit worried for not having seen you online for a looong time (here). WB, Ed, i'm just heading to bed, my eyes are hurting too much (damn spring and all the pollen and dust and flowers etc) so i'm typing with my eyes closed..

Glad the work is going good for you Ed. :)

If I ever felt like becoming reputable, that's the sort of work I'd do too. Err, though I might not be able to. I'm shizophrenic myself (catatonic type) - would that be a bar of any kind? Just wondering, really. I don't see myself becoming reputable any time soon. :D

And tell that pesky English neighbor that he'll be growing next to the flowers if he keeps putting down your garden. :p

Originally posted by Darkshadow

And tell that pesky English neighbor that he'll be growing next to the flowers if he keeps putting down your garden. :p

Sounds like the neighbor was complimenting him. In that English sort of way....

Back