Herve's Bar & Grill

hehe
lol i editted my post cuz it was fun... i didnt want to explain myself..... you could change your post and then act like nothing ever happened. :) hurray!

Honestly, I figured www.macosx.com would be some sort of Apple-endorsed tech support site. Imagine my surprise when I came here and found out that it's actually a forum! Well, after several months with this site (despite my absence during most of December and January after I signed up), I believe this site is much better than an Apple-endorsed tech support site, since it relies on actual user experience, and many of you are knowledgeable enough to solve most problems without necessarily needing Apple's help. Plus, it's a good place to come and discuss, debate, and digitally drink.

The way that i first came here was when i though that macosx.com would just be a shortcut to apple.com/macosx. By my surprise, i saw a very odd thing. I saw categories. I selected one, and say people chatting. I had never seen a forum before. hehe.

Originally posted by arden
I believe this site is much better than an Apple-endorsed tech support site, since it relies on actual user experience, and many of you are knowledgeable enough to solve most problems without necessarily needing Apple's help.
In deed. That's my expeience as well. The Macosx.com community seem to know MUCH more about Macs than Apple does...
Originally posted by Androo
I had never seen a forum before. hehe.
You were a virgin? Well...I'm honored to be your first...;)

Changing the topic ... Hey - I want a Choi Nori! Do they sell them anywhere in the States or do i need to order one from Japan? They look kewl :D

Choi Nori :)

in portuguese

choinori.jpg

and a Choi Nori screensaver (mac and windoze) ;)

The Japanese have some of the coolest scooters. One I quite like is the Scoopy .... 50cc 4-stroke engine, combined with a console that has a speedo, adress book, calendar and organiser all integrated. Completely useless for those of us who aren't living the Tokyo lifestyle, but cool nonetheless.

:)

Heh, not the last one! I'd rather have a motorcycle! Just that someone was thinking about a vespa and i happened to see a choi nori in wired, and they said that a choi nori costs basivally like from 60 000 yen = 500 $ .. i think one like those could be a cool alternative, never seen one alive though .. just wondering if they import them - now i'll look for scoopi too :)

Oh, i was riding a motorcycle tonight in my dreams..

I have to use a PC at my job...and I would just like to let off some steam if you guys don't mind. I don't normally rant, but this aggrivated me more than anything. I was typing a perfectly good email in yahoo, one which i was so happy and involved in writing, it had no caps or new paragraph breaks. Then, the computer Gods decided to have some fun. When I hit backspace twice, it brought me back to the email which I was replying to. When I hit forward, it said the page had timed out and my perfectly good email was lost!!!! :mad: Now if i attempt to write this email again it wont come out the same. I swear this would never have happened on my mac!!

This is a bar right? I think right now I could use a steak and a huuge coke. That would get my mind off of things.

-Perseus

This has nothing to do with the OS; it has to do with the browser. If the focus is not in the text field, but in the main browser window and you hit the backspace key, it will go back one step in the history. Hitting forward will take you back to where you were, but of course sometimes sites that use very dynamic content won't work. Yahoo should work fine that way though.

Back