Herve's Bar & Grill

Koool ... hehé guys, .... i'm surfin' in Michigan Avenue Store ... only 7 hours queueing to get in here... i'll post some pix later ;) :D

Ugg, I used to get worried about the billionaires out there and the way they seem to have all the money and leave the rest of the world to go hang.

But it occurs to me that they don't just sit on a pile of money like Ebenezer Scrooge. They invest it, they spend it, they buy ridiculously useless things or they put it into building businesses. It all goes to employing more people and building more factories and shops.
Sure, it would be better if some of the more selfish zillionaires spent their money on charity rather than - for instance - a gold plated toilet (ahem, Saddam Hussein). But at least there's a guy in a gold-plating workshop somewhere who is able to buy his kids new clothes thanks to the custom of some idiotic zillionaire.

Man symphonix - don't get down on people and their gold plated toilets... The only thing I have against them is they would look stupid as hell in the average bathroom. But I ask you how could you turn down the opportunity to indulge yourself like that. The toilet is friggin gold plated! The only thing better would be a solid gold toilet... Oh well.
Giaguara - that Chicago Store looks BOMB! I might come visit a friend in Chicago and if I do I bet I'm gonna visit it. Is it three floors or just two? does that window overlooking the lawn/skylight belog to the apple store? The roof on that place is beautiful :^)

Amen to that, Johnny. I mean, hell, it's not even nice to look at. It may be gold, but it's still a toilet. Who goes around admiring those?

Hey... Some bathrooms do have really cool toilets. Designing a bathroom is a whole experience kinda thing... But a gold plated toilet is gonna be ugly as hell no matter, because a bathroom with enough gold color in it to look good with a gold colored toilet will be ugly. I really wasn't recommending a gold plated toiled :b I just want to revoke my earlier statement, can it be stricken from the record?

The first thing I think of about a gold plated toilet (or a solid gold toilet) would be the weight. Won't the lid be really heavy?
Besides, won't you wear it down? Every time you flush, golddust is going down the drain...

Ha, yeah it's really a stupid thing :v
Did saddam hussein actually have gold plated toilets in his mansion? Man let's find him and torture him or something... ...What a mean thing to say!
Ugh - anyone wanna check out my weblog? It's linked in my signature, I just put it up and it doesn't have any real content. But checking for browser compatibility would be great, gotta go.

Mr K: Yes. In all of his mansions and hideouts there were gold plated toilets, basins and bathtubs. I mean, I've heard of people wanting to sit on their investments, but really!

i'm not here!
ummm i got unbusy for the past few days lol.... my busyness starts in like a day again....

Originally posted by symphonix
I mean, I've heard of people wanting to sit on their investments, but really!

hehe

While we're talking about people who are coming back, what exactly makes this place so addicting? I'd really want to know...see, I was gone, but now you're bookmarked again...

Oh well, it gives me something to talk about at the next Macosx.comoholics Anonymous meeting...

It's all about increasing the post count.

Well, not really. But I like to see what people have to say online. I actually started to miss this site the past few days, when I couldn't access it.

"I remember my first post. That nervous fumble with the keyboard, the sudden anxiety as I hit the submit button, then the rush of adreniline as my post appeared before me in gorgeous orange and brown.

"Before I knew it, I was addicted. All I could think about was where I was going to get my next apple-script trick, or what could be funny about the phrase 'Digital Hub'..."

For those of you in the mood for a nostalgia trip: http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4732

I particularly like the bit "In the hardware department there was only a couple of new iMacs - now abandoning flowers and spots for more conservative graphite and snow finishes"

:p

That first post sounds terribly pro-Apple now, but it was written in response to a wave of "we hate you Apple - what a lame Macworld keynote" sort of posts.

Well, lets see some other 'first posts'!

Back