Herve's Bar & Grill

Sheesh...you have at least 20 icons there...and we're supposed to figure out which one is missing? :p

ksv - I don't have System Preferences in my Dock, either. Don't need it there, you can go to the Apple menu and open up the System Preferences from there. I'm pretty minimalist when it comes to how many icons I have in my Dock. ;)

Ugh... man - you guys are no fun! :p :D

No Safari (& no Internet Explorer). Nothing but Netscape 7.1 - Ed would be appalled! :D

Safari's really matured in the last while...it's now got the spell-checker on by default and tabs are there, so it's my main Mac browser. I still miss the ability to see a URL when I hover over a link thou...

Originally posted by voice-
Safari's really matured in the last while...it's now got the spell-checker on by default and tabs are there, so it's my main Mac browser. I still miss the ability to see a URL when I hover over a link thou...

So then click on View and then Status Bar.

Yeah, that's how I started liking the new Netscape...

Friend kept saying how he likes Netscape on his Mac - I had installed Linux on a workstation and needed a good browser. So I downloaded it to see what all the fuz was about.

Then I downloaded it to my Windows PCs and quickly replaced Mozilla - and even made it Default Browser in Windows (I never did that before).

Then since I had it on ALL my computer but my Mac, I decided to give the Mac version a try.

Now it's my default browser on ALL Operating Systems! :eek:

Safari still needs work for me to use it full-time - I was using it full-time but was getting sick 'n tired of having to run IE on quite a few sites! Grrr!

So everything else if off of my dock, but they're still installed and I'll keep 'em around to check site design 'n stuff.

Originally posted by Sogni
To take this even further off topic...

I just passed my Motorcycle Written Test today 'n got my permit! *Boogie* :D

Nice, what kind of bike do you have or are planning on?

It's a Vespa-Clone (as I like to call it), a Bajaj Legend
( http://sogni.nzdigital.com/blog/ scroll down to the bottom ).
150 CCs, 9 HP, 4-Stroke, Manual Transmission, 100 MPG... Under $3k :)

Not exactly a motorcycle, but I was getting conflicting reports on what license I needed. Dealer said Class C, Insurance wasn't sure but wanted Class M to insure it, and everyone else said Class M...

I was riding it with a Class C since I bought it 3 months ago, and decided to put all concerns to rest and get a Class M since I want a bigger bike eventually. Not sure which I'll graduate to since they all grab my attention for one reason or another! :)

I've hardly touched my car since I got the bike... I've quickly become a rider and no longer like cars (a few exceptions)! :)

I can't believe people can actually look at netscape (or mozilla) windows. That toolbar is so friggin' ugly!! It's disgusting! Try mozilla firebird, because it's still mozilla but it's not ugly as hell.

You can change the themes. :p
I'm just tired of Beta/Bugy browsers and sites that specifically check for IE or Netscape. I just want something that WORKS! And has Tabs! And Pop-Up Blocking! :)

Originally posted by mr. K
I can't believe people can actually look at netscape (or mozilla) windows. That toolbar is so friggin' ugly!! It's disgusting! Try mozilla firebird, because it's still mozilla but it's not ugly as hell.

Have you told G the news yet, Sogni? She'd be really interested to hear that you're a rider now.

Yes, Mozilla Firebird is a pretty good browser, better than Netscape, at any rate. But I still use Safari for all my surfing needs.

Firebird is so similar to safari that I can't help but like it. As safari is my number one browser right now, whenever I need to test something for mozilla (the rendering engine) I open up firebird because it launches so much faster then mozilla (what a beast) and looks so much better then mozilla.

LOL... just making sure.

Internet Explorer 5.1 is the only browser I use because I'm stuck in 9.2 for surfing. But it's still pretty good.

Back