Herve's Bar & Grill

Funk 49 and Walk Away. 2 great songs. i believe they are both on my best of joe walsh cd.

and klink, you live on the east coast and i live on the west coast. we both go to bed around 3 am each night. I will almost always get the last word in and there is nothing you can do about it:D :rolleyes:

unless you move to the left coast too.;)

so aren't any of you europeans awake yet? c'mon, get up and get going. post some posts. drink some coffee. post some more posts. (hmm, i think that shower revitalized me a bit:p )

you know, it's kinda nice to have regular TV back:)

Originally posted by Klink
I like what I'm hearing so far guys. Thanks for the tips. I think it's the mention of Soul that has my ear tingling. Can I expect some brass in the band and maybe a full compliment rhythm section?

Actually, '1965' has quite a big brass sound to it. Story (probably apocryphal) goes that Greg Dulli (the lead singer) moved to New Orleans to record his last album (The Twilight Singers), and then kill himself. He was in a bar and heard this trumpet player, and decided he had to cut a record with this guy on it, so re-formed the Whigs and recorded the new-found-lust-for-life album that is '1965'. You can tell, actually, cos some of the songs on the Twilght Singers album are very similar to tracks on 1965, only less upbeat. The killer track on there for me is 'John The Baptist', which has what can only be described as 'Theme From Rocky' horns...

Hazmat - what else is on the 'What Jail Is Like' EP? I'm guessing I'm assuming there's a cover on there? Their covers are great - I particularly like their version of TLC's 'Creep' on the flip of Honky's Ladder.

Originally posted by tismey

Actually, '1965' has quite a big brass sound to it. Story (probably apocryphal) goes that Greg Dulli (the lead singer) moved to New Orleans to record his last album (The Twilight Singers), and then kill himself. He was in a bar and heard this trumpet player, and decided he had to cut a record with this guy on it, so re-formed the Whigs and recorded the new-found-lust-for-life album that is '1965'. You can tell, actually, cos some of the songs on the Twilght Singers album are very similar to tracks on 1965, only less upbeat. The killer track on there for me is 'John The Baptist', which has what can only be described as 'Theme From Rocky' horns...

Hazmat - what else is on the 'What Jail Is Like' EP? I'm guessing I'm assuming there's a cover on there? Their covers are great - I particularly like their version of TLC's 'Creep' on the flip of Honky's Ladder.

Holy shit! I never heard about that story. I hope you're right about it being apocryphal. But yeah, Klink, I would recommend 1965. Wonderful album.

The What Jail Is Like has a bunch of covers. Mr. Superlove from the Ass Ponys, Dark End of the Street, Little Girl Blue, and My World Is Empty Without You/I Hear A Symphony.

well ken, i see you're still drunk even if you're not smelly:p

(there's also this little button called 'edit' that you can use after you screw up a post. I use it all the time:D )

well, i can certainly see how some good horns would bring back a man's lust for life. Feeling 'horny' will do that for you.:p

(sorry, i couldn't help myself)

:eek: g'nite all

Originally posted by hazmat

Mr. Superlove from the Ass Ponys, Dark End of the Street, Little Girl Blue, and My World Is Empty Without You/I Hear A Symphony.

Ah - they were all on previous b-sides, I think. Mr Superlove and the Dark End of the Street were on the flip of the 'Gentleman' single, and My World Is Empty Without You/I Hear A Symphony was a single that got released, but was really hard to find (much like the Uptown Avondale EP, which is all covers - 'Band Of Gold', 'True Love Travels On A Gravel Road','Come See About Me' and another one which escapes me). Their version of 'Miss World' by Hole done in a kind of New Orleans Mardi Gras stylee has to be heard to be believed...

Originally posted by tismey

I take it that's Monosodium Glutamate, carcinogen and friend of the Chinese Takeaway.
My mate used to live with a guy whose parents ran a Chinese restaurant, and he had a big sack of the stuff in his kitchen cupboard - he used to put handfuls of it in everything. you'll be pleased to know that Herve's is a MSG-free zone...

So why not put up a sign on the door:

"Karaoke and MSG free since 45 pages"

All this talk about food is getting me hungry...and I still haven't had breakfast :p ... where is racerX with his yummy chcolate spacial 3D cake thingymajigs ? :p

I need some coffee while I am at it too, tismey what'd'ya say? any coffee back there ? Cold, frappé please :)

Well, steering away from food for the moment, I cannot believe that it's been this log that I have been here on osx.com...it must be some record.

Where does the time go ????
(time flies when yo uare having fun :p)

Admiral

Coffee with a nice jolt of Tequila to get you going Admiral. remember, all drinks served by these fair hands will be intoxicating to some degree or another... And I have my eye on you, young alexandert. I'm still clearing up the mess you made last time you came in here...

What do you mean???:confused: :confused: :confused: :( :p :confused: :confused:

Hey! May I be your "House Detective"??? My Avatar could look for bad people like LTM or Nummi to throw them out if they do stupid things???

next time I will ask for a cold coffee with a shot of irish cream :p Tequilla doesnt taste all that well..but it sure does warm you up in a cold morning.

I remember the last time alex drank...he was kinda roudy :p

** ducks the flying tequilla bottle **
wow :eek:

** sees as the tequila bottle lands on tismey's head **

oh oh :eek:

** Laughts his a$$ off as he watches tismey hunt down alex **

LOL :p :p :p :p

It's not nice to laugh, Admiral... I'll deal with you in a moment... Now, where did alexandert get to?

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
next time I will ask for a cold coffee with a shot of irish cream :p Tequilla doesnt taste all that well..but it sure does warm you up in a cold morning.

I remember the last time alex drank...he was kinda roudy :p

Last time I flew down to Brazil (10 hours from NY), I have a Bailey's with coffee after dinner, which is served shortly afte take-off. With it I took a Xanax my roommate at the time gave me. Fell asleep shortly after that and woke up an hour before we landed. Beautiful. :)

Back