Herve's Bar & Grill

We all have our share of crazies, lunatics, and power hungry jerks in our states. What is totally incomprehensible is the former guy actually had plans on taking over the capitol so he could claim victory and stay in office. air quote: just find me 11,780 votes :end air quote.

Sat - my geostationary orbit is just south of your (ex) gov's hunting ground (I live in the Catskills). He is a privileged career-politician brat - entitled by the family name and a Kennedy marriage. A smarmy grifter wrapped in a cloak of "progressive", he's a corrupt hack, as bad as the orange man on the right. Good riddance. But there are next-gen Cuomos in the wings. I may need another drink.

Citizens VOICE - Vote Out Incumbent Candidate Everywhere

THE WORLD TURNED UP-SIDE DOWN
Shinzo Abe assassinated at political rally. Jumping out in front of the facts, it seems likely someone didn’t like his tough stance v-s-v China. It feels like we are in some weird film noir political drama, very cloak and dagger.

A homemade gun used to shoot a politician who is no longer in office. This in a country with very strong gun laws. The shooter did not run.

A homemade gun used to shoot a politician who is no longer in office. This in a country with very strong gun laws. The shooter did not run.

I know this is tragic especially in Japan! Back in day I was Okinawa and say Japanese people seem to almost to nice sometimes!

To change situations when back in College during my Dorms my first year Jolt Cola did a gorilla marketing champaign of poster plastered all over my college dorm of a skeleton sitting a Computer screen holding Jolt Cola with the words: "Good Luck on Your Finals" and kind of miss that part of going to school!

I do not miss college days. Of course I was working during the day and taking night classes.

I also remember in 1992 College I took Calc 4 because Math was minor while Marketing was my Major! In that class was at 7 at night twice a week where the female teacher was looking more for efforts so her final was one question in 25 parts! I remember using the front and back on paper doing equations at every class! Then this Kodak Vice President ask me for help! I still remember asking him why he was taking this class and he said Kodak was dying! Then years later Kodak took a nose dive and let go most of their jobs! So he was right and throughout that class helping him pass the class and was was so grateful he took me to 5 star restaurant as a thank you!

Last edited:
This bar is open 24/7 .

I have a pet peeve (well a couple of them) :

Those 'easy close' zip lock bags that don't close unless you massage it. Example would be those frozen veggie bags.

Talk about yer first world problems. When you do run your finger down them, they seal pretty well. A hefty skepticism of what Madison Ave has to say could be applied to zip-lock bags as well as social and transnational issues. The reality is never what ”they” say it is.

So maybe not just a “first world problem” after all.

Okay, I'll concede that it does seal pretty well once they cooperate. Keep in mind I am talking about those 'hands seals' that are not the name brand. Once of the time I have to line up the two sides and coax it to behave properly. No it is not a first world problem just an annoyance.

but the problem of letting someone else - dedicated to selling something - tell us what's up, that is universal. Time to take some time to look beyond the hype - beyond the advertising - beyond the spin.

What places have you been thought your life? As younger solider in South Pacific have beed to Japan, Okinawa, Micronesia and Gilbert Islands! Had to install satellite recur equipment going from analog to digital stuff in the day! I also been to South Korea, Hing Kong when British still had it and Thailand! I have also to Diego Garcia in Midle east too! I have been to Texas, California and North and South Carolina too for trading and giving classes too! the only place I haven't gone is China or Europe at all!

Working my years after and Defense Contractor I stayed in northern Virginia and taking more classes in Maryland at No Such Agency!

Last edited:
My goal is 40 countries but I'm not there yet. I've made in to 36 - though 3 of them I never got out of the airport. I have not been to Micronesia or Antarctica but I've got the rest of the continents covered. Places I've "lived" include Canada, Mexico, Columbia, Suriname, Costa Rica, Holland, Germany, Russia, Egypt, Korea - and here of course.
My favorite place just passing through was Cuba. It was a stopover on the way to Russia on an Aeroflop jet. We got out on the tarmac and walked to the terminal. I did the good pope thing and kissed the ground. Same ol' bitter dirt as anywhere else.

Anyone here from Brazil?
can you believe it? One shot on goal in 120 minutes and Croatia steals the game.
barkeep pour out a round for all Brazilians in mourning!

And one for the Dutch who came too close. The last shot of stoppage time! And a dead ball at that. I thought the Argentine spot kickers would fall apart. But scant chances for Argentina going forward. How many yellow cards are the carrying?

so my two teams are out. only thing left is to rout for Messi

Back