Herve's Bar & Grill

Did you read the indictment ?

bbloke was right when he said:

there is A LOT of pure disinformation out there, which needs to be countered with facts when we see it.

I agree, the details of the indictment were shocking. This was not a minor oversight; it was wilful, repeated, jeopardized national security, and there were multiple attempts to deceive. It's on a different scale.

We also have parallel issues in the UK regarding Brexit, where supporters blame others when things have not gone well. It's human nature, but the world would be a better place if we were all less invested in tribal politics and if a change of mind or admission of mistakes was no longer seen as weakness or a devastating climb down. I can dream! ;)

the weird thing is the TDS on Trump spared to frump treated when Hillary in 2016 was investigated about a private email service she was accused of sending classified info onto and the wiped the server 3 times to make sure it was gone and still no chargers! To me this proves a 2 tier Justice System in United States and I'm starting to see this in many European counties the same thing, just look at France!

Satcomer,
I just cam across an explanation/comparison of Clinton vs Trump. It is worth the read.

Lawfare Blog:

703 Ways Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Conduct Bears No Resemblance to Hillary Clinton’s Emails​

https://www.lawfareblog.com/703-way...s-emails?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

The Lawfare article is very good stuff. Honest and apparently accurate, it clears up a lot of the “grey area” that political discourse obliterates.

I’m no fan of Hilary, couldn’t bring myself to vote for her in 2016, despite of the Orange opposition. I voted “none of the above”. (NY resident, so stakes were lower).

But she turned over her work emails. She ordered the deletion of older personal content before the subpoena. The only “evidence” that she deleted incriminating stuff is the “whatabouters” sense that it’s what they would have done. “Pot Calls Kettle Black” details after this message from our sponsors.

edit: replace in spite with despite

I just tried to send some money to friend using my save bank account it doesn't seem to work and just puts you back to pay by card system that also doesn't work! So I tried to tell them that payment system os broken on there web site but she acted distant after I tried their app and it was still down through the app too! So there server software crashed and needs restating on payment server!

Why, because people don't have anything to say right now? It is summer (in at least half of the world), people are either on vacation or they are trying to deal with the heat wave.

Did your bank's server finally start working?

satcomer: your posts tend to be hard to parse and could stand a little contemplative editing. Some times it’s autocorrect doing it’s dastardly, some times it seems you’re thoughts are faster than your fingers, still a revision before hitting Post Reply would make it easier to understand and give confidence to reply in turn.

I’m always reminded of a 70’s political poster:”I know you think you understood the things you thought you heard me say but I’m not sure you realize what I said is not what I meant!”

Why, because people don't have anything to say right now? It is summer (in at least half of the world), people are either on vacation or they are trying to deal with the heat wave.

Did your bank's server finally start working?

Yea I got the money!

There is a cellphone provider that is now pushing to change the way you pay your bill. Auto pay is the latest thing that has become accepted and companies are finally giving the enticement to give you a $5 or $10 off your bill if you use autopay (and in some cases e-bills).

Warning: your $10 discount for autopay will end unless you use a debit card or bank account to pay your bill.

But this one cellphone provider is now pushing a $10 off if you use autopay with your bank account or debit card. Credit cards are not longer accepted to get the discount with autopay. This from a company that not too long ago had been hacked. The company still pays a fee for the transaction so it is not to save money. So why are they pushing to get into your bank account?

The big deal in my thinking is: if I use a credit card and there is a billing dispute, I can dispute the charge and get my money back from the credit card. You cannot dispute a bill from your bank after a automatic payment is withdrawn from your account. The only way a bank helps is if you have several charges you dispute and it appears to be fraudulent activity.

What shysters! Time to change providers.

There is a cellphone provider that is now pushing to change the way you pay your bill. Auto pay is the latest thing that has become accepted and companies are finally giving the enticement to give you a $5 or $10 off your bill if you use autopay (and in some cases e-bills).

Warning: your $10 discount for autopay will end unless you use a debit card or bank account to pay your bill.

But this one cellphone provider is now pushing a $10 off if you use autopay with your bank account or debit card. Credit cards are not longer accepted to get the discount with autopay. This from a company that not too long ago had been hacked. The company still pays a fee for the transaction so it is not to save money. So why are they pushing to get into your bank account?

The big deal in my thinking is: if I use a credit card and there is a billing dispute, I can dispute the charge and get my money back from the credit card. You cannot dispute a bill from your bank after a automatic payment is withdrawn from your account. The only way a bank helps is if you have several charges you dispute and it appears to be fraudulent activity.

What shysters! Time to change providers.
From what I know of this process accepting only debit will:
  • reduce their costs (from 2-3% to around 1% where I live)
  • reduce the time necessary to actually receive the money

So they get their money quicker. And they force the deal by taking away the autopay discount if you use a credit card.

I don't allow autopay through my bank account and never will. I'll be changing providers.

It's starting to worry me that we heading to WW3 once China has the power to take Taiwan and this really worries me as a Pacific veteran in younger years! I have been to Hong Kong when Britain still had it and saw how so many people were afraid if the China takeover and they seemed to happen!

And North Korea seems to be getting ready for some kind of invasion or readiness to attack. It is scary.

It is true there are worrying events in several areas of the world right now, both with possible future attacks and with current invasions. With any invasion of Taiwan, the effects would be felt around the world, as TSMC is hugely important for chip manufacturing, including for Apple's offerings.

Experience in Europe from the 20th Century has shown that, while it is important we strive for peace, there are also dangers with going too far and trying to placate aggressive or authoritarian regimes. It is important to remember that countries such as China and North Korea will be watching very closely to monitor the West's resolve on the invasion of Ukraine; showing a lack of unity or will here will give them a green light for their own ambitions in Asia.

To get off topic I have seen many iCloud spam in my SPAM folder saying my iCloud is full when it's NOT! So I want to warn Mac users of this new SPAM emails about iCloud being full immediately make it SPAM and move to SPAM folder because it is scam targeting us Mac users!

Good alert. I have been getting the same kind of messages. I have also been getting emails that say my email account (from my ISP) will be closed unless I upgrade, Or that I have questionable emails that will warrant my account a threat and be closed down. Or a thank you for your order from PayPal, or Mcafee, etc.

The trick to know that these are scams: look at the from email address. Do not click on those links in those possible spams. Go through your normal log in to double check the status to your account.

These people are trying to get access to your accounts so they can take the money out.

Good alert. I have been getting the same kind of messages. I have also been getting emails that say my email account (from my ISP) will be closed unless I upgrade, Or that I have questionable emails that will warrant my account a threat and be closed down. Or a thank you for your order from PayPal, or Mcafee, etc.

The trick to know that these are scams: look at the from email address. Do not click on those links in those possible spams. Go through your normal log in to double check the status to your account.

These people are trying to get access to your accounts so they can take the money out.

Yea I had to see my Bank today be cause they believe hackers were trying tio get in my checking account!! So I had them put in Savings while leaving only a thousand in my checking account to more secure savings account that pays me 1,3% percent per year with money in D=Savings account! As being self employed helping people with home networks as retire Network analyst that Connie ted cities to other cities in tech control as well as over base to base for 25 years in Army Signal! There I learn about fiber lines, IDNX network devices for fiber connections through my career so I played with every kind of network one could imagine!

Last edited:
And scammers are now breaking into mail boxes and stealing checks. While these checks are made out to pay your bills, they are washing the check to change the name made out to and the amount.

Back