Herve's Bar & Grill

I don't know if I just an angry old Man but kids today seem very angry, especially online! I'm stilll amazed on how trolls still to this day still want to fight the PC Vs. Mac arguments all over again!

I am surprised that they are still arguing Mac vs PC. But then, my hubby would start an major discussion and bring up the cost of a Mac vs PC. Funny thing is he is now using a Mac because his PC died. (The third on in 10 years.)

As for angry kids - remember they reflect the parents. I bet their parents are just as angry.

Ever watched The Social Dilemma? I saw it on a Netflix and it is about how social media plays upon people’s opinions, curiosities, and insecurities to maximize engagement. In the process, however, it can stoke the flames and there can be increased polarization of groups. Worth watching if you’ve not seen it already.

Were they referring to climate change somewhere in that page? I had a quick look but didn't come across it.

Now I was coming here to rant about how people who accuse others of stuff are often the ones with the stuff stuffed in the closet. [cough] Republicans [cough]. (Vast majority of Republican likely voters believe in the massive fraud narrative)

But then climate change comes up and well it all seems so insignificant. By definition climate changes. Simple definition; climate is the average of weather conditions over the past XX years. so it always changes, sometimes up some times down, sometimes fast and sometimes slow. At this point in time it is going up and apparently more quickly than it has.

Whether storms are getting stronger or not, there is certainly a tendency for those who sell stuff to keep people panicked about it. The media has to keep the news in churn, so they tend to point to the drastic.

But It is real and a challenge to human life, one of many such challenges that humanity has faced. One I'm sure we will weather (ha ha) as we have those in the past.

Look at that - two rants and a pun and I didn't even have to use all caps. ;)

Whenever there is polarized debate in the media, part of the hype is about getting viewers or readers. There is also potential for an agenda, such as magnifying an issue or, conversely, sweeping it under the carpet because it is inconvenient. With many of these debates, I think the best thing we can do is go straight to the more reliable sources: the actual scientific data.

So back to the first rant - I linked to the wrong page. - that guy, who lives in a district other than the one he represents, has been arrested for voter fraud. Another official in GA lives in FL and voted in both places. A guy in Ohio arrested for voting twice in ohio. Common thread - their party affiliation.

I tell you this quickest Hurricane I have seen in 54 years! This storm was moving over 60 MPH in it's track!

Now I was coming here to rant about how people who accuse others of stuff are often the ones with the stuff stuffed in the closet. [cough] Republicans [cough]. (Vast majority of Republican likely voters believe in the massive fraud narrative)

But then climate change comes up and well it all seems so insignificant. By definition climate changes. Simple definition; climate is the average of weather conditions over the past XX years. so it always changes, sometimes up some times down, sometimes fast and sometimes slow. At this point in time it is going up and apparently more quickly than it has.

Whether storms are getting stronger or not, there is certainly a tendency for those who sell stuff to keep people panicked about it. The media has to keep the news in churn, so they tend to point to the drastic.

But It is real and a challenge to human life, one of many such challenges that humanity has faced. One I'm sure we will weather (ha ha) as we have those in the past.

Look at that - two rants and a pun and I didn't even have to use all caps. ;)

If your as old I me you see over time some people (when there young especially) seem to think the old mantra "There can be only ONE" attitude that dos this kind of behavior! In in natural Nature Hurricanes will always hit Florida and seem worse when the planet was cooler!

Yah but......Nowadays our technology has improved so greatly that we can predict where storms will hit, how strong these storms are, and if they will miss Florida totally. And technology has improved to alert humans on the coming storm. Previously it was just 'the rainy season' with back to back rain.

If your as old I me you see over time some people (when there young especially) seem to think the old mantra "There can be only ONE" attitude that dos this kind of behavior! In in natural Nature Hurricanes will always hit Florida and seem worse when the planet was cooler!
My daughter was in Florida - Disneyworld - in the run up to Andrew. They drove back to N Miami as 95 was bumper to bumper leaving the area. They hunkered down in my sister's 1500sf split-level brick house and had a grand old time as the storm washed over them.

Andrew (1992) obliterated Homestead - it was a cat 5 storm and remembered as a killer because of the picture of the splintered, unreasonable homes that were on pylons and block foundations. But my daughter and her cousins remember it because they played board games by candle light. As Yogi Berra might have said - "what you see depends on where you look."

added date to help younger peeps to put it in perspective and fixed typo in obliterate

My daughter was in Florida - Disneyworld - in the run up to Andrew. They drove back to N Miami as 95 was bumper to bumper leaving the area. They hunkered down in my sister's 1500sf split-level brick house and had a grand old time as the storm washed over them.

Andrew (1992) obliterated Homestead - it was a cat 5 storm and remembered as a killer because of the picture of the splintered, unreasonable homes that were on pylons and block foundations. But my daughter and her cousins remember it because they played board games by candle light. As Yogi Berra might have said - "what you see depends on where you look."

added date to help younger peearmy days ps to put it in perspective and fixed typo in obliterate
I remember back in my Army Days in Okinawa when it was hit CAT 5 typhoon called Typhoon Kurt when the eye went over the island and broke the flag pole from it's base (with no flag on that day) and it was tossed through the barricks lower parking lot! Luckily my car was in upper parking lot because all the cars were stuck by flying flag pole!

Something else when I was stationed in northern Virginia in 2012 when that Super Derecho went though the area by evening around 10:20 PM that evening! First came the winds blowing at 100 MPH equity 5 minutes of wind dropping the tempter from high 90sF and 112MPH in some areas! Most of trees blew all the electrical wires! Luckily we got power with an hour! the strange thing Diesel fuel was first to disappear first because all the generators ran on Diesel! Gas went about 12 hours later because their generators went out! luckily I got gas and almost had full tank so I still get to work!

Last edited:
I just saw a post on Apple discussions boards with report attach and look at it and was really surprised the he had 3 ethernet adapters, acting a router and iPone connect to cell signal and was wonder why his new Mac <aptop was slowing down! This only think was he/she must have been one Youtube techs that try to bring new Macs to bottoms to see how far they push it and acted surprised his new Ultra was slowing down sometimes! The audacity of some of these techs is starting to get at me lately but what users expect when you load a computer to it's Max and expect it to still run?

I feel bad today and feel every GM workers should vote for Republications sense Bush vJr. bailed GM out in 2007 and have yet to pay it back;)

The car companies did pay back the portion of the bail out that was considered a loan in 2011.

The bail out was bipartisan they just could no agree on the details.

Back